The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The no PayPal thing is a concern (there are currently threads on FB re: a scam where a buyer was ripped off for a twin cam motor in the UK) it’s worth paying a local Lotus guy an extra 100 and send the funds to him/her to collect them in person, if the seller balks at that then run, fast!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I don't see not accepting Paypal as a deal-breaker. The seller may just not want to pay the fees and from the seller's prospective, the buyer can stop the funds too easily with very little proof. It is always best to see the stuff in person BEFORE you hand over the money anyway. if you handle cash you can always bargain too.Another way to protect yourself;f is to request a particular picture of the item. If the seller can't produce it, it may be because he doesn't have the item and swiped the picture from another sale.
David Teitelbaum

·
Project Addicted
372 Posts
Get with Millennium to make this kind of repair. The have done work on some of my Ducati cylinders.

They can fix this

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think Millennium would be the correct answer, IF I hadn't found a 2015 posting of a Lotus price list referring me to "Bibs'" over at thelotusforums. Bibs happened to know that South West Lotus Centre (thelotuscentre.com) had a set of A910E9192F in stock, but not listed on their web site. So I called Kathy there.

SWLC wanted £400 less for the set than the eBay mystery guy from Manchester who wanted cash only. So I just bought a completely new set of pistons and liners for £1,200. And also a mirror control.

Now if you are reading this thread in the future looking for a similar solution, SWLC sadly has no more in stock. I mean... Call them to confirm, but that's what she told me. So investigate Millennium!

Now I just need to figure out whether I'm actually going to proceed on this alone or if I might enlist professional help.

It seems at least a psychiatrist would be in order. Until then, the family will all enjoy the new decor over the fireplace mantel!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I have interest in this because my Excel SE has Nikasil liners and probably even rarer pistons[10.9 CR]

Millenium will rehone and replate liners for a grand a set.

Advanced Sleeve makes all sorts of sleeves and I wonder if they could be talked into making Lotus sleeves

The most expensive ones listed are like 175 bucks each

Seems like it is still a good deal to find the OEM by the time you buy pistons as well

21 - 29 of 29 Posts