The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You can't make this up
1,167 Posts
G car

See my page. I had issues with an entire exhaust system. The headers were nice and well built the rest was,,,,,,not

American g cars use a different lower tub then rest of world. To do over I would have the entire exhaust after the headers custom built. The stainless system system I bought was the 3 inch option and it was a bear to get to work. American cars have a catalyst which ROW does not. Alunox used a row car as the fit up model. They don't have a catalyst and for god knows what reason the used a different lower tub which creates interference with the exhaust outlet off the turbo. I ended up cutting my tub is a half moon to open up the space and then added heat shielding. The muffler they supplied also did not fit right and it was much larger then the oem supplied unit. I intend to replace it with something else in stainless once I move the car to my new home which is a bit throatie.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. If I approach this from another angle. My wastegate adapter is cracked and warped so much so the wastegate plunger does not effectively seal the hole. Does anyone have a used good wastegate adapter available for a 1987 Esprit HCI

·
Registered
688 Posts
"American g cars use a different lower tub then rest of world". - Jenna- they did it on purpose, 'Let's mess with the Yanks and put this on their bloody cars'. lol:grin2:

I"m very happy with my Alunox system, albeit I bought the factory 2 1/2 inch system. I also think the issues Jenna were talking about were corrected by the time I got mine. It's a lot lighter than the OEM iron headers and I think it has a throatier sound now.

·
Integrator
2,796 Posts
Ok. If I approach this from another angle. My wastegate adapter is cracked and warped so much so the wastegate plunger does not effectively seal the hole. Does anyone have a used good wastegate adapter available for a 1987 Esprit HCI
Go to US eBay and see
eBay item number:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi MDangerus. Thank you so much for the information. I have already ordered from SJSportscars but I appreciate your effort.

Thanks
Watership Down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts