The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm selling the celica so I have $$$ for the elise, but I'll need a car to drive around in the meantime. Well, my good friend is leaving for D.C., and it would be a pity for him to take with him, and thus destroy, a datsun b210. So I offered to buy it off him.

Am I mad? I think it's a spiffy car with some good history, and the car is mint...I've even worked on it before so I know its in good shape. And I'll need a 3rd car anyway, because I wont drive the elise or the fiat everyday.

Do you think its a good buy? It seats 4, 2 more than my other cars. I dont have any extra money to buy a proper car.

I dont even know what to offer him for it! Its an 81...too old for KBB. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
971 Posts
When I first read the subject I thought, "probably.":D .

But after actually reading the post, I would say that no, you are not. If the Datsun is in good shape, ie will last a few more years without too much money going into it, and is reasonably priced then it is probably a good choice. There are a lot of people giving the advice of having a beater second car if you plan on owning an Elise and can't afford another "nice" car. Of course, people are probably wondering "a Fiat and a Lotus, why doesn't she get something reliable?"

As to the price, what are you willing to spend on your third car, and what else could you get for the money. Then compare what you could get to what the Datsun is, and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts