The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to have the perfect proportions to compliment an Elise, and I'm assuming it's fairly functional as well.

The problem is I can't find anyone who has info as to availability.

Anyone know if it was sourced from a 3rd party manufacturer I could go direct to?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I emailed him a few weeks ago but never heard back. I've not tried calling yet though.

Typically he's been really responsive to my emails, so I just figured maybe he can't get it yet.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
If you do find some information on the new cup Elise wing do share... I assure you that you're not alone in wanting one!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I received an email back from Robert at British Racing Group today regarding the S Cup R aero parts. He informed me Lotus usually takes a few months to get new release parts to them and that he has put in a request for availability information.

So near future part?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Those side skirts and front spoiler are DOPE. I would love if they were for a 2005 model. If I had a 2010-11 Elise I would have to get my hands on those. I believe the rear wing is a little too riceyyy and it would be next to impossible to get stuff out of the trunk. IMHO

:UK:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received an email back from Robert at British Racing Group today regarding the S Cup R aero parts. He informed me Lotus usually takes a few months to get new release parts to them and that he has put in a request for availability information.

So near future part?
Awesome news. Thanks for getting that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those side skirts and front spoiler are DOPE. I would love if they were for a 2005 model. If I had a 2010-11 Elise I would have to get my hands on those. I believe the rear wing is a little too riceyyy and it would be next to impossible to get stuff out of the trunk. IMHO

:UK:
Yeah, I get where you are coming from, I want the rear because I'm assuming that it's actually functional, given they put it on a car designed to be a race spec car. I like that it's smaller than an APR wing.

I really like the side skirts as well, but I'm not sold on the look of the front spoiler.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Last email I got stated that Robert got an initial reply from Lotus with no ETA and that they currently want to keep any spares for clients who have purchased the Elise S Cup R. However, he reiterated that it is not unusual and they typically will release them to the general public in a few months.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The wing was the first thing I noticed about the car. I think it looks great on the Elise and I'd love one too. I have a feeling it''ll be pricey. If anyone has a quote can you post it here?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I personally would like to see a CFD model of the wing. Who knows how effective it is until that info is released.

Then again, if you want it just for looks it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want it for functionality first, and looks second. While I'd prefer to see some data about it, I'm giving Lotus the benefit of the doubt that they would design it properly given it is targeted as a track car.

Could be wrong though, but I'd be willing to try it out at least if I could find one.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts