The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,697 Posts
$h!T!!

I meant to go this year. Didn't realize it was so early. I love that show. I've been to three of the past ones and its always incredible.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
A buddy of mine took his 1956 Porsche 356 Carrera "Kustom" that was customized and once owned by Dean Jeffries. Dean was the guy who designed the Monkeemobile, the Manta Ray, and other Krazy Kustom Kars from the '60's. This was his personal car, but he sold it 47 years ago. My pal Jack has owned the car for nearly 40 years and is in the process of restoring it. He had finished up most of the metal work just in time to take the work-in-progress down to Amelia Island at the request of the organizers. Turns out Dean Jeffries was there for a seminar on customizing, so they surprised him by opening up a curtain that the car was hidden behind. He really liked the car, as Jack had an old-world metal worker do the bodywork, with very little lead filler and NO Bondo. Dean is going to help him pick out the original silver paint color. Jack's bringing it back to Amelia next year when it's finished. Here's story on the history of the car:

Dean Jeffries' Porsche Carrera

This was THE original "outlaw 356" that inspired Gary Emory and others to start the outlaw craze.

Here's a photo of it "back in the day", with photos of Dean's reaction to the car plus a photo of the Manta Ray:

Dean Jeffries Carrera.jpg

dean356 (3).jpg

deansreaction (3).jpg

356mantaray (3).jpg

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darn, where was that car hiding? I took hundreds of pictures. This show gets better every year.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great show...

The Manta Ray attended also. (next to Chip Foose "Hemisfear")

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts