The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever been to the Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance?

I am going this year and wanted opinions on what to see.

Plans are to see Sunday show, Saturday cars-and-coffee, and auction tour.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I've seen it on TV, very high end cars. Wayne who does 'Chasing Classic Cars' is alway's there and has cars on the block... sometimes with no RESERVE!

Most cars are under tents so going when a hurricane is mentioned.... :rolleyes:

Robert

·
Premium Member
12,145 Posts
I spend a day there about 3-4 years ago.

It was damn wonderful.

Famous and storied cars I'd only read about were there.

Nice (golf course) setting.

I want to go back and highly recommend this show.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's next on my list. I've done Pebble Beach and Amelia and Goodwood are on my list. Amelia would be great because of the crap weather everywhere else in the country. Plus - cars!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,805 Posts
I've been there many years and am going again this year. It sounds like you've got everything down that you'll want to see. Of course the show itself is Sunday morning, get there early. The cars are NOT under tents, only the auction cars are.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'll be there in my Elise

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
For those in the Northeast there is the Greenwich Concours in Connecticut. Not quite the level of Pebble Beach or Amelia Island but it is "up there" as far as exotic/expensive/rare/unusual cars are concerned.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance was awesome. Cars, cars, motorcycles and more cars.

I did get to talk to Wayne Carini, nice guy. He won at least two awards. I didn't watch the entire awards ceremony. Keith Martin, Donald Osborne, Tom Shaughness, Dale Walksler were all there too. Talked to most of them. All nice guys.

Had a tour of the RM Auction by Andy Reid and Tim Suddard of Classic Motorsports along with an RM rep. whose name escapes me.

Not much from Lotus though.

There was an Elan at the Cars-and-Coffee . . .

pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wasn't sure if it would be okay posting Ross's name. Since you did, here is the information card from his windshield:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts