The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
pla_time said:
At this point, I'm not sure wading into this discussion has much merit, but it seems to me that there's been far too much emphasis on the supply side and not enough on the demand side. I'm guessing that many of the illegals wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact that so many employers and individuals are willing to hire them.

Let's stop turning a blind eye to the employers, and start putting big fines and jail time for the employers of illegal aliens. Without the demand, I'm guessing the supply will ease up considerably. (Just keep in mind that the price of many things [produce, meat, domestic help, yard work, etc.] is going to go up a lot in many areas.)

Here's one more relevant factoid:
From the April 5, 2005 New York Times

"About seven million illegal immigrant workers in United States are providing Social Security system with subsidy of as much as $7 billion a year through payroll taxes withheld from their wages, but they will not be eligible for public pensions in retirement; their contributions to Social Security add up to 10 percent of last year's surplus; money paid by illegal workers and their employers is factored into all Social Security Administration's projections; many illegal workers buy fake ID packages that include Social Security card; that provides cover for their employers, who could be fined for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants under law passed in 1986; Social Security Administration receives flood of W-2 earnings reports with incorrect--sometimes fictitious--Social Security numbers; it stashes them in 'earnings suspense file' that has been mushrooming, now totaling $189 billion; Social Security officials suspect that large portion of suspense file corresponds to earnings of illegal immigrants; illegal immigrants see Social Security withholding taxes as price of working in US; retirement does not enter picture for them."
+1 on employers. I'll gladly pay $10 for a head of lettuce so my kids can get an education without distraction, reduce my commute time, save a local emergency room, have SKILLED labor, etc...

As far as Social Security goes... how much would we save in social services if they weren't milking the system? I don't know the total but I would assume it could make up a portion - if not all - of that deficit. If not, then that's the lump we gotta take - We've fed this monster long enough.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
codymac said:
Grrr... Let's leave the Micks out of this.
;)

Who? What? Huh?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
pla_time said:
At this point, I'm not sure wading into this discussion has much merit, but it seems to me that there's been far too much emphasis on the supply side and not enough on the demand side. I'm guessing that many of the illegals wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact that so many employers and individuals are willing to hire them.

Let's stop turning a blind eye to the employers, and start putting big fines and jail time for the employers of illegal aliens. Without the demand, I'm guessing the supply will ease up considerably. (Just keep in mind that the price of many things [produce, meat, domestic help, yard work, etc.] is going to go up a lot in many areas.)

Here's one more relevant factoid:
From the April 5, 2005 New York Times

"About seven million illegal immigrant workers in United States are providing Social Security system with subsidy of as much as $7 billion a year through payroll taxes withheld from their wages, but they will not be eligible for public pensions in retirement; their contributions to Social Security add up to 10 percent of last year's surplus; money paid by illegal workers and their employers is factored into all Social Security Administration's projections; many illegal workers buy fake ID packages that include Social Security card; that provides cover for their employers, who could be fined for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants under law passed in 1986; Social Security Administration receives flood of W-2 earnings reports with incorrect--sometimes fictitious--Social Security numbers; it stashes them in 'earnings suspense file' that has been mushrooming, now totaling $189 billion; Social Security officials suspect that large portion of suspense file corresponds to earnings of illegal immigrants; illegal immigrants see Social Security withholding taxes as price of working in US; retirement does not enter picture for them."
It is not as simple as you think. We've created a welfare system that says to even 2nd generation foreigners, don't have a family structure and we'll pay you not to work. We've destroyed our entry level labor force work ethic at any price, the US has gone from Manufacturing based to a more and more service based society. It really doesn't matter that anyone would pay $10 for a head of lettuce. At some point it's either cheaper to automate or buy foreign.

The SS taxes don't even begin to justify hospitalization, welfare, burden on schools, burden on the court system and jails, no income tax (they claim the max) burden on all our infrastructure, our increased need for water, power, and sewage. Dump welfare tomorrow and eventually you'll see the workplace right itself.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Why does being born on US soil still confer automatic citizenship?

The UK abolished that in the early 80s.

If we abolished that now then we could start to solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
TheRedMenace said:
You know Nelson, I'd be willing to wager that whatever 3rd world cesspool you migrated here from wouldn't let you say crap like that about their governement without some sort of consequence.

So, you are saying that the US really is a third world cesspool if I was born here, and that Iraq is a success.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
intofx said:
Nelson,
He should have asked do you speak/write English well? And based on your grammar the answer IS obvious. Salt meet wound.rotfl rotfl
Me speaks Erglush more bad. Apparently, Republicans believe that the Constitution only protects those that speak and write American English.

·
Registered
430 Posts
agent.5 said:
So, you are saying that the US really is a third world cesspool if I was born here, and that Iraq is a success.
If u r born in US and that's all better then English u speak -

That would exlain quite a bit about you, your mentality and our collapsing education system.

·
Registered
943 Posts
agent.5 said:
Me speaks Erglush more bad. Apparently, Republicans believe that the Constitution only protects those that speak and write American English.

No, It protects idiots, too.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Not sure that anyone reading this post will actually test themselves, but:

If the Mexican flag in the original picture is replaced with the Confederate flag and all the people in the picture have lighter toned skins, how do you feel about them?

Try again with the Union Jack. How do you feel about them? (there are about 1 million brits in the USA at this time)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Steve W said:

If the Mexican flag in the original picture is replaced with the Confederate flag and all the people in the picture have lighter toned skins, how do you feel about them?

Try again with the Union Jack. How do you feel about them? (there are about 1 million brits in the USA at this time)
Ooooh, or what if the flag was Canadian?

What's your point?

·
Registered
430 Posts
agent.5 said:
...and that Iraq is a success.
I might be able to support the war in Iraq if it were actually a war for oil... or if I thought the knuckle dragging troglodytes over there actually gave a **** about democracy or freedom. Like with anything, it's worth nothing if it's given to you. Even if Bush gets everything he wants, when it's over they'll just squander the gift (just like America does every day) and be back to fighting over rubble with an elected tyrant telling them what to do within a year. Meanwhile we'll still be spending $4+ a gallon on gas and looking for Osama 'the magician' Bin Laden who's tethered to a dialysis machine 3 days a week but still manages to stay hidden.

The thing that really upsets me about Iraq is that our home soil has been invaded by over 20 million Mexican insurgents - yet all of our soldiers are thousands of miles away fighting people who don't even have toilet paper much less the means to attack us here.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Steve W said:

If they were demanding amnesty for 12 million of their ILLEGAL friends, I would have a huge problem with it. Also, do my tax dollars support those Confederate flag wavers? Do those Brits stiffle the educational system? Are they closing Emergency rooms? I get your point, but this isn't about the color of their skin so don't start slinging the race card.

·
Registered
307 Posts
+1

I don't care if they are hot chicks from the lost city of Atlantis...

Well, maybe a little. The local Hooters need help and I don't want to pay $45 to get fries...

:mw:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
TheRedMenace said:
If u r born in US and that's all better then English u speak -

That would exlain quite a bit about you, your mentality and our collapsing education system.

Do ya gots uh point? Maybe ya simply th'o't anyone dat disagreed wiff ya iz mad stupid an' uneducated.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
intofx said:
No, It protects idiots, too.
So it appears that you and your right-wing buddies need the Constitution more than any segment of the society. After all, a typical Redneck can't even read, let alone write.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
TheRedMenace said:
I might be able to support the war in Iraq if it were actually a war for oil... or if I thought the knuckle dragging troglodytes over there actually gave a **** about democracy or freedom. Like with anything, it's worth nothing if it's given to you. Even if Bush gets everything he wants, when it's over they'll just squander the gift (just like America does every day) and be back to fighting over rubble with an elected tyrant telling them what to do within a year. Meanwhile we'll still be spending $4+ a gallon on gas and looking for Osama 'the magician' Bin Laden who's tethered to a dialysis machine 3 days a week but still manages to stay hidden.

The end of days must be tomorrow. We can agreed on something.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I wonder; Am I the only one who feels sorry for agent.5? His misery and emptyness in life is apparnet in every post in this thread. All of his posts for that matter.
I would feel sorry for you except for the fact that you spit on our troops and veterans. This is inexcusable.
Dont mistake (my)distgust for anger, although I am sure you are thoroghly familiar with both directed at you.
It is truely sad that your life is so empty.
What a waste of your opportunity in this country.
Your posts are entertaining, in a very pathetic sort of way, as I think your views of life and the world that you are exposing here are your reality.
I can only hope a veteran gets the chance to kick your ass someday for the way you behave towards them, but I imagine you only do this (crap) while hiding behind your computer or mixed in with a large crowd.
I would say that you might do this with a group of friends, but then again, I cannot imagine you have any friends outside of the computer, other than strangers you might meet at a political protest.
I also want to extend a true appology to Larry. I have been hard on him as I thought he was very extreme (and pushy) in his views. Agent.5 puts things in perspective for me, as I really dont associate with people (in person) who are (with passion) politically involved on either side of the fence.
Sorry Larry, I feel like I have been wrong about you. I would much rather read about the GW stuff than this puke that agent.5 is spewing
Agent.5 thanks for putting some perspective on things. Perhaps there is a cure for this disease you have, but I really doubt that.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
fishguyAZ said:
I wonder; Am I the only one who feels sorry for agent.5? His misery and emptyness in life is apparnet in every post in this thread.Perhaps there is a cure for this disease you have, but I really doubt that.
Be careful, the right wing grammar/spelling police is going to attack you soon. And why will you want to feel sorry for me? It makes no sense whatever. I live in San Francisco; you suffer in a flyover state.

And what disease is that -- saying what I think whenever I feel like it?

I agreed with you on one thing though -- there is no reason to associate with any right wing fascists in the real world.

And the rest of your guesses are wrong though. Have to give you some credit for trying. Regarding your veteran attack, bring it on. A bully always think that he can beat somebody up until he gets his ass kick. After all, a soldier works for Bush and Bush works for Exxon. It will not be the first time that an Exxon mercenary attacks a peace loving citizen.

·
Registered
943 Posts
agent.5 said:
So it appears that you and your right-wing buddies need the Constitution more than any segment of the society. After all, a typical Redneck can't even read, let alone write.

What is "right wing" about wanting the laws of this country followed. You don't know me so don't pretend to.

As far as writing goes... It's pretty clear by your posts which one of us has trouble with the language. So, I guess you are you the "Redneck."

In addition, I wouldn't puff my chest up about living in San Francisco. I spent a summer there working on a documentary about racial tolerance with the most bigoted, intolerant people I've ever met.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts