The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Monterey Race last weekend. The Series started with an Elise. As I understand it was running a twelve banger against cars like the Saleen and the Corvette (cars getting 650 to 800 hp).

Dropped out of the series in the first race (tranny broke) and never came back.

Does anyone know if the Elise will be back next season? They race the Elise in Europe and Australia it would be nice to see them here too.

have fun

Nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont believe the Elise raced in ALMS.

The GTS class includes the Ferrari 550, the Viper, the C5R, and the Saleen. The lower GT class consists of the Ferrari 360 and the Porsches. I don't think the Lambo, the Bimmers or the CTS-V raced at Laguna Seca.

I didn't see any Elises in the paddock area for the other races that day and don't believe they're in the Speed World Challenge either (correct me if I'm wrong).

Did I just completely miss a new entry (this Elise mentioned earlier) in the race?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elise racing a Sebring this year

http://americanlemans.com/storyArchives/032004_victory.asp

See the second to the last entrants on the above URL.

Sebring for the 12 hours on March 20, 2004.

Entry #43 car 30 Jay Cochran, Ed Zabinski and Damien Falukner Lotus Elise made it seven laps.

It was running against the big production cars (if my earlier reading was correct). Then it just disappeared without a comment.

Nick

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
racing again

thanks for the info. I will be looking forward to the Elise screaming at the others - I hope next year and for more than one race. Bookmarked and will check it periodically.

have fun,

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts