The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It could have 2000lbs., but they decided a motorized gas door was a good idea.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The outside of the car looks great. :clap: I don't like those roll bar lights though. You might as well turn them blue and rice em up. :p I don't like the interior much either. Too many strange bells and whistles for me and the steering wheel looked like a Cadillac wannabe to me and the overall styling just looked dated with the exception of the dash. Adjustable power steering? WTF do I need that for? I am perfectly happy with the lack of power steering in the Elise and since this car is close to size and weight power steering seems unnecessary and adjustable power steering seems rather silly. Speakers in the seats? Where are the LCD monitors? :p If you took out a few of the strange gizmos (like the motorized gas cap) you would have something very close to the weight of an Elise which would make it that much more of a monster. I also don't think I have the patience to wait for a motorized gas cap to open when I am at the gas station and the first time it broke I would tear the crazy thing out and replace it with a door on a hinge. I don't have $595k for a car but if I did that car would not be on my list. Thanks for posting though as it was a good watch. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
And it has motorized hood/trunk!!!

Man - the guy who did the interview was annoying though.
Also the "every part has been built in the US" is Hilarious! The LCD? The on-board computer? The LEDs in the Roll bar? Yup!

The tank lid would be funny in CA smog tests; they have to REMOVE the cap to make sure the gas cap does NOT leak. Bwahahaha!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think the progressive power steering is an awesome idea. Its electric, not hydraulic, so it likely doesnt weigh all that much.

And you better believe you'd need it. The tires on that thing are WIDE, it would be a nightmare to drive on the street without some level of assist.

I'm not big on the interior styling either, but it sure as hell isn't ricey. It's extremely couture, much like the Veyron, which I doubt most of us care for either, but there is a big difference.

Also the "every part has been built in the US" is Hilarious! The LCD? The on-board computer? The LEDs in the Roll bar? Yup!
Seriously, people that say **** like that make me want to pull my hair out. It's ignorant on so many levels.

·
Registered
532 Posts
> every part made in the US

Seriously, people that say **** like that make me want to pull my hair out. It's ignorant on so many levels.
Care to educate me? :huh: Or is it just the definition of "part"? :confused:

·
Registered
712 Posts
2500 lbs/ 800hp? At least, that is what they CLAIM!

Never been tested "...just a show car" builder said.

And they want $595,000 for it.:huh:

Rip off!:thwack:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts