·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am installing a 5 ch amp behind the seats

i need help running all my wires from front to back

i have 3 RCA, remote wire from radio to amp
and i have 4 speaker wires to run from the amp to the mid and tweet in the dash

the center consoul is tight to get all those cables though is there another path or way???

·
Registered
912 Posts
Do you have the dash out?

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you have have the dash out, its do able but takes some time. What I did was all the wires going from front to back, starting at the HU go under the airbag to the pass side cubby hold and route to the fuse panel behind the tray, go along the back wall. Remove the alum piece with the holes in it and the center console, also helps with the seats out. Run the wire along the main harness under the alum piece and center console.

I hope you can understand what I'm on about.

Ill try to take some pics of what I'm talking about, but its doable.

FYI I have a alpine 9887. Boston acoustics component 5.25" in the front and 6" coax in the rear. Behind the driver seat is a PDX-4.100. Almani self-powered sub.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
There is room in the center tunnel and you do not need to remove the dash. That is the route I went.

Routed through the center tunnel, up and under the dash, then behind the left and right cubby holes to the front speakers. RCA cables and all.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
If you have the touring pack option, you can also hide wires behind the small strips of carpet on the sides of the frame. I had read that it's best to route RCA cables separate from power cables to minimize electrical interference, so I routed the RCA cables behind the carpet, very easy to do and not noticeable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts