The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this belongs in "other" I apoligize. A friend pointed this thread out to me today...I got a chuckle from some of the responses.

The thread title is "Time to trade in your cars, the Elise is here!"

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=156653&page=1&pp=25&highlight=miata

Two of my favorites quotes are,

"RSX-S is better, so why would anyone want to downgrade? Besides have you seen the interior of the Elise...........exactly"

and from someone wiser,

"Anyway, the Elise is a pure driver's car. It will only attract real enthusiasts and not people like us who argues about arm rests and cup holders".

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Two of my favorite bits of prose:

"Buy a Mazdaspeed Miata. Bigger intercooler, up the boost, more fuel, coilovers, sway bars. Save $10,000. Buy hookers and beer.
It's not an Elise, but who cares if it performs just as good."

and

"I wouldn't even trade my base RSX for that, mang! RSX ownz!"

Myopia reigns supreme on Club RSX it seems.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
"the elise STARTS at 40k, and if you want SEATS in it, you'll end up
close to 60k .. and if you want an engine in it, it'll be around 80k
.."

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
This is too funny reading what they wrote. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ah... I see now.

NOW I finally understand why guys in RSXs always wanted to race me. Amazing how misdirected narcissism gets in the way of rationale! :p

Bob

P.S. I've given up spanking RSXs with my Mach 1. It's a waste of gas for me. But since the Elise gets much better gas mileage, I'll make sure I spank a few of those RSXs from time-to-time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Two of my favorites quotes are,

"RSX-S is better, so why would anyone want to downgrade? Besides have you seen the interior of the Elise...........exactly"
Take a look under that guy's name. His title says:

RSX-S>>Ferrari..Nuff Said
Let me just take this opportunity to say...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
If in fact someone is jealous(and not just pointing out that a car isn't for them), we should try our best not to argue with anyone who feels their car is superior to one they do not/cannot own. Why on Earth would you want to show them the pain that is....buyer's remorse?:no:

:D

- J

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
they're probably snot-nose high school kids who know nothing and get their asses whooped playing Gran Tourismo 3 on PS2. rotfl

As the grow older & wiser and learn how to play GT3. They will understand the ways of the Elise.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
All I have to say is thank god most of them had this to say:
It's too expensive
As it is, I'm afraid that most of the Elises in Miami are gonna go to some rich kids who are gonna pimp them up. As one of them said:
let's not forget the pimp factor... the Elise will be pretty much the cheapest car out there with an "exotic" badge
Ugh.

·
Registered
529 Posts
What's funny is that they'll all be slobbering at their nearest Lotus dealer as soon as the Elise is featured in the next "Fast and Furious" movie...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
What's funny is that they'll all be slobbering at their nearest Lotus dealer as soon as the Elise is featured in the next "Fast and Furious" movie...

FF3 is supposed to be in Japan. Maybe they will use one of several Japanese Elise derivatives in the movie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts