The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've been stock piling parts while my car was in the shop getting the cam replaced.

Got the car back today and went right to work.

new mod list:
Bride Zodia seat
Von Hep Exhaust
Larining Decat
Von Hep panel Eliminator
Green Filter
Stans shifter mod, Sector shifter re enforcer
Stans clutch stop mod
RacePak G2X datalogger
Sector Fire Extinguisher bracket
1/4 turn fastener kit from alexangergt4
...I think thats about it.

I still have to install the airfilter, fire extinguisher, and clutch stop mod, but those will get done tomorrow.

Everyone should buy Alexandergt4's 1/4 turn fastener kit. Everything went back on SOO much faster than it came off since adding the fasteners. I've only done the diffuser so far but will add the rest later. I ended up using some of the fasteners on the interior as well when I broke some stock clips. worked great.

for those interested in weight:

Larini decat + Vonhep + O2 sensor adapter + fiberglass heat wrap= 14.8 pounds
Stock muffler, cat, and excessive removed heatshield= 37.8 pounds
= 23 pound savings

Vonhep panel eliminator= 1.2 pounds
stock rear panel= 4 pounds
= 2.8 pound savings

Bride Zodia + rails= 24 pounds
Stock seat + rails = 25.4 pounds
=1.4 pound saving

total= 27.2 pounds saved with todays mods.

The Von Hep does sound killer! The seat is AWESOME(As long as you fit). The entire driving experience and feel is greatly improved with the shifter mods and urethane motor mounts(Ronins mod).

Doesn't hurt to have a fresh cam, fresh spark plugs, and have the valves adjusted. I gotta thank Newport for getting the car back to me very fast so I would have time to install the mods before the LCS this weekend.

was a good night.

Pics per Jacobs request:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
franks mod. Even the tech at the dealership today commented on how much nicer the motor mounts make the shifting.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Can't wait to try out your seat AJ. But this this thread is worthless without pics and if you don't win at the next event. No pressure though -poke-

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait to try out your seat AJ. But this this thread is worthless without pics and if you don't win at the next event. No pressure though -poke-
feel free whenever I see ya next. Going to be at buttonwillow this weekend?

You've got to drive it with the ECU/shifter/motor mount combo as well.

oh ya...a few pics added for ya.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
feel free whenever I see ya next. Going to be at buttonwillow this weekend?

You've got to drive it with the ECU/shifter/motor mount combo as well.

oh ya...a few pics added for ya.
:wave: you are really close to where i live. i'm just in dana point. My car has been in the shop too and I'm compiling some mods before I get my car so I can work on it. Maybe you could lend a jack and a hand on my decat / exhaust install? Ill bring the beer and you can drive the katana? hah either way we should go on some rides or something. Glad to here you got your car back and rockin :nanner2:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AJ

Stuff looks great. I was with Neil and Jaime all day today getting a few goodies for my car. Is your cat delete throwing a check engine?

I am running a Larini cat delete with a Arqray single, and after 160 miles of driving it is throwing a CEL.

We are using a O2 censor adapter, but obviously it is not working. Are you using a Lotus one? Can you shed some more light on it? You can PM me if you wish.

Appreciate your help.
considering I didn't finish working on it till after midnight I haven't put many miles on it. Maybe just 5 miles dropping off my friend that helped with the work and so far no light.

I picked up the adapter from an ebay seller that someone directed me to. I was looking for the straight adapter but he only had the angled one in stock. now I'm glad I got the angled one, it fit very nicely under there.

So far no check engine light but I have my OBDII scanner ready. We'll see.

:wave: you are really close to where i live. i'm just in dana point. My car has been in the shop too and I'm compiling some mods before I get my car so I can work on it. Maybe you could lend a jack and a hand on my decat / exhaust install? Ill bring the beer and you can drive the katana? hah either way we should go on some rides or something. Glad to here you got your car back and rockin :nanner2:
Ya sure thing. DP is plenty close. Definitely learned a few tricks after doing the install that would make it much easier the second time around. Just let me know when. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
considering I didn't finish working on it till after midnight I haven't put many miles on it. Maybe just 5 miles dropping off my friend that helped with the work and so far no light.

I picked up the adapter from an ebay seller that someone directed me to. I was looking for the straight adapter but he only had the angled one in stock. now I'm glad I got the angled one, it fit very nicely under there.

So far no check engine light but I have my OBDII scanner ready. We'll see.

Ya sure thing. DP is plenty close. Definitely learned a few tricks after doing the install that would make it much easier the second time around. Just let me know when. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
:bow: Much appreciated!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
AJ

Stuff looks great. I was with Neil and Jaime all day today getting a few goodies for my car. Is your cat delete throwing a check engine?

I am running a Larini cat delete with a Arqray single, and after 160 miles of driving it is throwing a CEL.

We are using a O2 censor adapter, but obviously it is not working. Are you using a Lotus one? Can you shed some more light on it? You can PM me if you wish.

Appreciate your help.

The CEL eliminator can take some tweaking. Try loosening it to remove it from the exhaust flow more. That did the trick for me. I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all for these things.

Also, this may or may not be your problem, but when I idle too long, mine goes on.

Adapter type might be the problem also...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Very nice.. thanks for posting the weight saving... that is what counts!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
The CEL eliminator can take some tweaking. Try loosening it to remove it from the exhaust flow more. That did the trick for me. I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all for these things.

Also, this may or may not be your problem, but when I idle too long, mine goes on.
Mine has come on a couple of times but after a day or two it would go away on its own. Since the last time, it has not come back on for probably a good 3 weeks. Now that the days are getting nice I've been driving it everyday :).

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Hey Aj
Looking good! Let me know how the Cel eliminator kit works out as well. Looking forward to seeing the car in person. :up:

Neil

·
Registered
624 Posts
Very tasteful Mods. I still have a few to do myself! How are you liking the seats? I am debating getting some brides or reupholestering mine to black

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very tasteful Mods. I still have a few to do myself! How are you liking the seats? I am debating getting some brides or reupholestering mine to black
The seat is great. I just highly recommend trying one out first to see if you fit(if you have any questions) If you have a small frame you should be ok. The largest limiting factor is your width at the hip bones. I'm a small guy but still fit VERY tightly at the hips. The added support is excellent, can't wait to get it on track.

Hey Aj
Looking good! Let me know how the Cel eliminator kit works out as well. Looking forward to seeing the car in person. :up:

Neil
you coming out to buttonwillow this weekend? If not we need to setup another karting night or something.

Very nice.. thanks for posting the weight saving... that is what counts!!!
I guess to be entire thorough I could also weigh the additions, G2X and fire extinguisher but I dont care.

OK, work is pretty much done for the day, Time to go put some more miles on the setup.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
you coming out to buttonwillow this weekend? If not we need to setup another karting night or something.
Nope, no trackdays until I get my car up and running... Let's do karting again though. I did some last weekend at K1... still freaking sore from it :wallbang:

Neil

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nope, no trackdays until I get my car up and running... Let's do karting again though. I did some last weekend at K1... still freaking sore from it :wallbang:

Neil
Just had a grand prix night at Kart Factory the other night with the TrackHQ.com guys. Total blast!

OK Here are some updates from today. Got the fire extinguisher in, the datalogger hooked up, and the air filter......well....HOW THE HELL DO YOU PUT THE AIRBOX BACK TOGETHER?!?!?!?! Car is sitting on a Jack right now with the airbox still apart after 30 minutes of messing with it.

..........Finally got it. One extra set of hands and it took a couple minutes.

Here ya go Ryan. Install pic of the Vonhep Eliminator:

G2X and fire entinguisher:

G2X display:

G2X RPM pickup:

Old and New airfilter:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
check the green filter install thread. Also there are tabs on the Green gasket that you can cut off if necessary.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Nice mods AJ!!!!!!!!

And your Bride looks buff (and narrow, good lord).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice work AJ!

I love my Von Hep. I bet it really screams on 2nd cam w/ the decat. I'm thinking of going decat, so let us know if you throw any CEL's.

Those Bride seats may require a detachable steering wheel.;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts