The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a Lotus cruise planned today that was quite eventful. Little bit of a roadtrip as our destination was about 100 miles away. We had my elise, an evora, and an exige. Well, about 30 min into the drive there was about 5 or 6 state troopers on the side of the road with people pulled over. All of them stuck their arms out the window and motion us 3 to pull over. So we oblige:

Right after we pulled onto the side, a cessna flies over. You can see part of the exige in front of the cop car, I also had a cop behind me. We were all clocked by an airplane for doing 82 in a 75 and all got written warnings lol. Both cops were actually pretty cool.

We all take the next exit and pull in a gas station to chat about getting pulled over. While at the gas station, a lady walks up and says: "I work for the local paper, can I take a picture of you guys and your cars and ask you a few questions? We NEVER see cars like this here." We do and chat with her for a bit. Told us the article would be online soon.

We get to our destination which is a local "mountain" range and get some amazing pics:

The "mountain"

Buffalo just hanging out:

Pano:

Was a blast. We will be doing this drive again sometime soon and hopefully we will have more cars!

I bet Plackslayer will come in here soon and post better pics, since these are all from my phone.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Oh man, that seems like a blast! Well, not the getting pulled over part. Glad you guys just got a slap on the wrist.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I had to check what state this was, I didn't know there were wild buffalo in Texas. Are those windmills in the distance?

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice we have had incidents similar. Usually the cops tend to be cool when they pull over a group.
Yeah, especially with rare type cars. Unless we were doing like 130, they might not have been as nice.

I had to check what state this was, I didn't know there were wild buffalo in Texas. Are those windmills in the distance?
Not Texas lol.

Yes a CRAP ton of windmills.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Looks like you guys had a blast! There is nothing like running in a pack. I hope there were some nice twisties driving down the back of the mountain.:D

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, the speed limit is like 25 going up/down the mountain because the road is very narrow, and you can fall off lol.

Going down, I didn't touch the gas once, I was coasting in neutral for about 4 or 5 minutes haha

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
3 people? Hell, we lose 3 people an hour on our drives! :)

Looks like fun. Got caught by a plane? Wow.

I once saw a kid with a tuner crap car get pulled over for loud music....by a cop....wait for it...

ON A SEGWAY.

It's the 'riverwalk/tourist' area of Naperville, IL. Dopey kid was cruising and blasting his music. Cop made him pull over and gave him a ticket.

If you get pulled over by a cop on a Segway, you are required to forfeit your gonads for a solid month!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Actually the pictures look more like the Lawton Oklahoma area, tall grass preserve (buffalo) and a mountain over looking a lake and windmills, much like lake Lawtonka. If you are in that area, be sure to visit the Meers diner, and get a prospector burger.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually the pictures look more like the Lawton Oklahoma area, tall grass preserve (buffalo) and a mountain over looking a lake and windmills, much like lake Lawtonka. If you are in that area, be sure to visit the Meers diner, and get a prospector burger.
We did. Experience was horrible. Never got refills for our drinks the whole time we were there, our food came out completely cold, waiter was douchey.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Is that Grainger Hill "Mountain"?? If I had to guess.. You got stopped in Parker County but its only 65 mph there. They loved to tail me on my Busa (before I saw the light.. LOL). Looks like a great time and spectacular view!

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that Grainger Hill "Mountain"?? If I had to guess.. You got stopped in Parker County but its only 65 mph there. They loved to tail me on my Busa (before I saw the light.. LOL). Looks like a great time and spectacular view!
No, not in Texas.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
3 people? Hell, we lose 3 people an hour on our drives! :)

Looks like fun. Got caught by a plane? Wow.

I once saw a kid with a tuner crap car get pulled over for loud music....by a cop....wait for it...

ON A SEGWAY.

It's the 'riverwalk/tourist' area of Naperville, IL. Dopey kid was cruising and blasting his music. Cop made him pull over and gave him a ticket.

If you get pulled over by a cop on a Segway, you are required to forfeit your gonads for a solid month!
Hahaha, yeah our good ol' Naperville cops have absolutely nothing better to do than cruise around on their segways.

Never heard of being clocked by a plane though. That is ridiculous.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hahaha, yeah our good ol' Naperville cops have absolutely nothing better to do than cruise around on their segways.

Never heard of being clocked by a plane though. That is ridiculous.
Yep, it was right on the main corner where the Starbucks is (across from Ted's Montana Grill).

They also cruise around on those ATVs that park right in front of the Starbucks. I saw them messing with some teenagers in front of Heaven on Seven after Last Flight last summer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cesnas the most dangerous plane made. It basicaly has no glide ratio. The engine dies, you die.
Let me go out on a limb with this....you don't fly do you?:wallbang:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts