The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Evora will be at LOG 29. :coolnana:

This will be the first opportunity for many of us to see the Evora in the flesh. Roger Becker will be in attendance as will other notables from Lotus.

See the "Lotus Owners Gathering LOG 29" section for LOG details

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Now THAT is a smart move by Lotus Ltd. amigo!

An Evora will be at LOG 29. :coolnana:

This will be the first opportunity for many of us to see the Evora in the flesh. Roger Becker will be in attendance as will other notables from Lotus.

See the "Lotus Owners Gathering LOG 29" section for LOG details
Getting The Brethren all fired up. :eek:

:cool:

·
Registered
304 Posts
:coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:
:coolnana:This is the main reason we signed up for LOG. :coolnana:
:coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I love the evora but I can't warm up to it in ardent as compared to say, canyon. Maybe I just need to see it in person.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yep, it is really a pretty car in person, but also bigger than you might expect. I might even say it's a little "heavy" looking on the sides, especially towards the rear. Side intacts, vs. the Ferrari-like top-mounted ones, would have broken up what is a bit of a slab-sided appearance back there.

Still, vs. its competition, it's no contest.

BTW, to all my fellow LB'ers out there. I was frontin and representin--the only LB Elise at LOG, plus one LB Exige. One can only pity the lack of style in the Lotus community these days.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with Frank, it was a very pretty car in person. I thought it looked much better outside in the sunshine, obviously.

Also I will do a BTW, we were the ONLY Canyon Red Elise at LOG. Frank we were talking after we left Sat that you had the only LB Elise.

Also AutoEupore had the tri-fuel Exige on display at Barber on Saturday, sorry no pics of that. Thanks for the pics Frank.

Adam.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The local Birmingham, AL news station was on hand for the Evora. Click on the Lotus unveiling on the left. Just have to watch the ad for 30 seconds.

Local - CBS 42

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Resized. Lots to like. Sure seems weird to see the usual looking steering wheel with volumn control buttons!

evoraenginew.jpg

evorafrontinsidew.jpg

evorainteriorw.jpg

evoraoutsidew.jpg

evorarearinsidew.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
I was the only Krypton at LOG 29!

:clap::nanner: :nanner2:

No comments on the cool Krypton Green shirts I was sporting???

·
Registered
143 Posts
This was a really cool car. I liked it, other than minor details a great vehicle!
At the banquet we were discussing the consumer focus for this vehicle and it seems like its targeting people who want a little more convenience in their vehicles while keeping the sport car feel i.e. Porsche. I just hope that quality wise Lotus stepped it up on this one because people who buy this car wont want that inconvenience. Elise and Exige owners buy them because they love the car...good bad and ugly we will deal with it. But targeting a different consumer will bring on new challenges for Lotus. I hope they're ready.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
BTW, there is a writeup in the current Autoweek of the Evora.

The article opens up by pointing out how small the rear seat is....I wonder if they have ever tried the rear seat of a 911....or even looked back there.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was the only Krypton at LOG 29!

:clap::nanner: :nanner2:

No comments on the cool Krypton Green shirts I was sporting???
I was going to comment on the matching shirt while I was sitting at your lunch table during the track day... but I like to leave my talking for the track ;) We had some fun together in the instructor group with that 211 eh ****?

p.s. thanks again for organizing a great LOG.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks better in person than in pictures. Everyone I talked with at LOG agreed. Most people said they like the way it looks.

The seating is comfortable and all the controls seemed easy to operate. The interior looks very good in the flesh.

It is easy to get in and out of the car as proved by the multitude of people who climbed in and out of the car at LOG.

According to the LCU people the car at LOG is a prototype with lots of early parts... It is instrumented for test purposes. They are starting to prepare the technician training for the North American version of the car.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I had a chance to drive this car Monday. I can tell all of you that the car feels great . Powerful, smooth and most important it handled like a Lotus should. Fit and finish were very good. Entry and exit were easy and the looks you get driving the car is priceless. I will be putting in my order for sure. :clap:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts