The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Afternoon ,

So I decided to put some time into my Exige this weekend. I started with removing my saggy headliner, which took me about 8 hours of removing adhesive lol. Then continued to the back to remove and adjust my intercooler and air induction tube to make it fit. Before there was no cold air making it to the intercooler. Car sure does feel the difference. All and all it was a long couple of days, but was finally able to take a cruise!

Now to some pictures!!!
Enjoy.
Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Hmmm... nice job on the roof! Did you use a solvent of any type? Or just elbow grease?

Why was there such a mismatch between the duct and the intercooler? It would be interesting to see how you removed the ducting, how you trimmed it and reattached it.

Thanks for the post! Nice looking car!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... nice job on the roof! Did you use a solvent of any type? Or just elbow grease?

Why was there such a mismatch between the duct and the intercooler? It would be interesting to see how you removed the ducting, how you trimmed it and reattached it.

Thanks for the post! Nice looking car!

Thanks!!! I did use mineral spirits and alot of elbow grease lol I was trying not to destroy the thin layer of paint underneath. I think the mismatch is the screws on the cabon fiber clam were not in the right spot so it pushed the duct too far forward. The coupler was folded in allowing for NO air into the intercooler. I trimmed the duct with a dremel and put 2 spacers under the intercooler to allow a better angle for the coupler to be re attached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts