The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
i am interested in buying an elise and thought i would drop a line in and see what happens....
for me to buy the elise, i have to sell my evo....in stock form, i would much rather have the elise, but my evo is far from stock anymore...ive done injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, bigger turbo, stand alone ecu, custom tuning, and various other mods....but i now have a car that runs a quarter mile in high 11's, maybe low low 12's and handles great...
im not sure what i can get for it, but looking past that im not sure i want to dump the evo...im hearing the elise is not a good tuners car....hmmm...???
my other car is a mustang cobra that is very heavily modified, so im thinking maybe that car will satisfy my horsepower fix....
i really love how the elise looks and im sure it handles great...i would like more horsepower though...
im going to test drive one this week and ill probably put the 1k refundable deposit down and see what happens between now and sometime 2005 when my car gets in....
any input, questions, or comments will be appreciated..
thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
What car are you using as a daily driver? I have a WRX that isn't nearly as modified as your Evo, but I also put quite a bit of time, energy and money into it (considerable suspension work, moderate power upgrades). I'm keeping it as my daily driver. The Elise will be purely for fun. If making cars very fast and powerful is your passion, I think that the Elise won't satisfy you as much as the Evo. I'm sure that adding power will be possible, but it won't be nearly as easy as making massive power with an Evo.

I'm getting the Elise because I was looking for a small, lightweight, and great handling sports car. I wanted something that is very different from what I already have. If that's the same for you, get the Elise, keep the Evo or Mustang, and you'll have the best of both wolds.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
evomind said:
hello all
i am interested in buying an elise and thought i would drop a line in and see what happens....
for me to buy the elise, i have to sell my evo....in stock form, i would much rather have the elise, but my evo is far from stock anymore...ive done injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, bigger turbo, stand alone ecu, custom tuning, and various other mods....but i now have a car that runs a quarter mile in high 11's, maybe low low 12's and handles great...
im not sure what i can get for it, but looking past that im not sure i want to dump the evo...im hearing the elise is not a good tuners car....hmmm...???
my other car is a mustang cobra that is very heavily modified, so im thinking maybe that car will satisfy my horsepower fix....
i really love how the elise looks and im sure it handles great...i would like more horsepower though...
im going to test drive one this week and ill probably put the 1k refundable deposit down and see what happens between now and sometime 2005 when my car gets in....
any input, questions, or comments will be appreciated..
thanks for listening.
If you're looking for a 1/4 mile car, the Elise is not for you.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have ever.........

If you have ever dreamed that you were driving a go-kart to work, and liked it when you woke up......an Elise may be 4 you.

if you like crawling in and out of small confined spaces with yoga like grace.................an Elise may be 4 u.

If you like being stalked by ricers and autocross groupies and understand endless alignment jargon...........an Elise may be 4 u.

If you can spare a grand or two, feel good about waiting for years with no solid information or contact until suddenly a little aluminum tub vehicle pop's up on the US shores at somewhere between 48-55 THOUSAND DOLLARS........an Elise may be 4 u.

ohhh, almost forgot you've got to crap green and bleed yellow and if you don't know all of Colin's names/initials.............fawget 'bout it!

PS. Stop lights no longer matter, 1/4 mile means nothing unless there are 20 cones going down it and you have to serpentine them!!!

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know the elise is not a quarter mile car, hell neither is the evo technically....
i havent driven my cobra in a year....been having alot done to it and had problems with the guy doing the work, thats why i bought the evo..haha...so im hoping once the cobra comes back i wont mind driving a "slow" elise....
as far as every day driver, i take the train to work and i have a scion xb (toyota) as a knock around car.
the elise is just so cool looking and if the reports are correct that it can run low 13's in a quarter, thats quick for a street car i guess...
i agree....im sure as the car comes in performance mods will come about anyway.....i just like tinkering with cars...i cant leave anything alone....
i love how the elise looks, looks like a race car....
my wife loves it and i told her she can drive it if i buy one..:) seems like a great collector car too...
thanks for the input guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts