The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An open apology to the “hater” I met last night outside a local pizza place:

You know who you are – cheap gray pinstriped suit, bluetooth headset stuck in ear, heightened sense of self importance, seemingly drunk, definitely jealous, walking up to me and my car babbling angrily about how I couldn't “possibly have the scratch fo' that car”, and that I should return it since “no ******* be having a car like that”, etc.

I fully realize I probably didn't look my best last night. After all, I was just having a quiet night at home with my wife, and had only run out to grab some pizza for us. So please do forgive me for my outfit. Clearly the jeans, t-shirt and casual fleece jacket were offensive to your delicate sensibilities, and not in keeping with your idea of the kinds of people who own Elises. Sorry about that.

I apologize also for laughing at you. There were, of course, other responses possible. I could have mentioned that the car was purchased with cash, and that one's attire at 11:00pm on a quiet Saturday night is not exactly a useful measure of one's “red-neck-ness” or net worth, but the fact is that I selfishly decided I'd rather go home and eat a hot pizza with my wife than speak with you. That, combined with my amusement at your offensiveness and the ridiculousness of the situation, led to my response. Sorry about that. Even after I saw that it made you very angry, I found it hard to stop laughing. Again, sorry about that.

From now on, I'll try to dress appropriately whenever I'm out in that car. Just for you. Because your opinion just means that much to me.

I hope you had a great rest of the evening. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
look.

damn him with faint praise.

most so called "hi-rollers" i have met have teeny weenie syndrome and don't have any cash to do jack.

just politely wave him on and go enjoy your unique ride.

you have a lotus...does he? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would like to say that you need not apologize. But if you believe there be a reason to apologize, then you better, or else next time they may bust a cap in your ass.

Personally, I try to dress like a dirtbag when I drive my car every day. Between that and the black car, I get very few people asking me anything.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
look.

damn him with faint praise.

most so called "hi-rollers" i have met have teeny weenie syndrome and don't have any cash to do jack.

just politely wave him on and go enjoy your unique ride.

you have a lotus...does he? :shrug:
I'm ASSUMING by this post, that some pompous arse on here is reading this apology, and feeling like a turd.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with this tool... I'm always in Jeans and T-shirt, I also have long hair and full sleeve tattoo's on both arms so I'm sure I would have had fun with him. I probably would have kept mocking him until his head exploded or he ended up with blood on his nice pin striped suit. Hope the Pizza was yummy. :D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i've fit large pizzas into the boot quite readily - you have to tilt it to fit through the deck opening, but the motor keeps it warm on the drive home...

·
Registered
146 Posts
In these days of "******* chic", kids raised on the 'Dukes of Hazard' (mine included), and Jeff Foxworthy, it is lost knowledge that the word "*******", is an epithet on an equal footing with the (dare I say it?) "N" word. It was commonly used by the landed, upper class whites in the south to denigrate poor whites - "white trash" is another common term. The term comes from the color of a share-cropping Caucasian's neck after hoeing cotton all day. (Yeah, white people did it too.) The insult came from the connotation, that you were no better then the black folks doing the same thing in the next field over. Let me assure you, even in this enlightened age, that there are places in the rural south to this day that calling someone a "*******" will get you in a 'tight spot'. The same goes with the term "*******", when traveling in South Louisiana's Cajun country.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
How much did the pizza weigh??? :eek:

·
Registered
821 Posts
hahaha, reminds me of a guy in a massive Dodge, that flew past me going ~100mph, weaving through traffic, then told me that I needed to learn how to drive. I looked and giggled...then I thought. "I wonder what I did that pissed him off?" since I didn't change lanes I couldn't have cut him off...:shrug:

Sounds like asshats are everywhere from TX to NJ.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I can't believe no one has asked the most important question. What toppings did you get on the pizza?

·
Registered
580 Posts
You mean you put a pizza in your Lotus, thereby preventing any hard cornering on the way home? :no: :shrug: :huh:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with this tool... I'm always in Jeans and T-shirt, I also have long hair and full sleeve tattoo's on both arms so I'm sure I would have had fun with him. I probably would have kept mocking him until his head exploded or he ended up with blood on his nice pin striped suit. Hope the Pizza was yummy. :D
Talking **** inside of an elise or an exige is the dumbest move ever, you know how easy it would be for someone just to beat your ass. Most of us can't combat roll out of these cars so all they would have to do is lean down and hit you or kick you through your window. Sure you can fight back but you can't really maneuver worth a ****. Just ignore them and drive on.. life is to short to risk your car or your health over hurting someone's feelings just cause they were a prick.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts