The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This chance encounter needs to be explained with the back-drop of the fact that the Colorado Lotus Club (LOCO) is having a three day mountain cruise, ending today (monday) where they will come over the Continental Divide across Trail Ridge Road at 12,180 feet. I cannot be there and see a gaggle of Lotus cars on my favorite road, in my own back yard because I cannot break a silly work obligation this afternoon....bummer!

Yesterday, however, I needed to run up the Thompson Canyon (30 miles) to Estes Park, Colorado, then over Trail Ridge Road to the town of Grand Lake, Colorado (50 miles) to return my kiddo to her Mom for the school week.

As we got into Rocky Mountain National Park and just started up Trail Ridge, I saw a very cool car parked on a pullout, aimed the opposite direction, where people stop to photograph elk. I nearly launched my kiddo through the window hitting my brakes when I realized it was a BRG Elise! I stopped in traffic long enough to shout out my window and ascertain that he was local, had LSS rims, nice racing stripes and a cute girlfriend. I felt like an idiot for not having shot a photo. ... So, onward, up and over the Ridge, through snow flurries and about 100 mile round trip. 2 Hours later, as night was falling, and I had returned to Estes Park and was about to enter the mouth of the Thompson Canyon (going down) I see unmistakeable taillights up ahead to the roadside.... same fellow in the Elise putting his soft top on! You can imagine I was not passing up a second chance! I felt like a school kid I was so excited to see/ speak to another owner! Let alone share a spirited ride down my favorite canyon! I mentioned L.T. and we exchanged business cards.

Funny how the universe works, eh?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nice.... I can't imagine having those roads in my back yard. We have to drive 2hrs+ to get to something twisty enough for the Elise. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice.... I can't imagine having those roads in my back yard. We have to drive 2hrs+ to get to something twisty enough for the Elise. :)

I am living at a very fortunate point in my life! It is literally 5 miles (even) from THIS:

to THIS:

It is a great stress release, after a tough day, to hear the second cam howling through a Stage II set up and echoing off those canyon walls!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts