The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Eyeelise, I will also be installing a TVS. Or I should say, Intermecanica will install it for me.
For Eyeelise TVS install thread, see: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160/eyelises-tvs-install-72475/

After receiving the various parts the last weeks, today the engine arrived back from DRS and the work started @Intermecanica. I forgot to take a camera, so no pic's today kids. Starting tomorrow I'll post pic's. The car s/b running again Fri evening, Sat some fine tuning and then it goes into the shipping container not to be seen again until mid July. :( :(

Work done on the engine by DRS Dynamic Racing Solutions - Motorsport Components and Expert Service :
# Mahle 9:1 CR pistons
# Knife-edged / balanced crankshaft (-4.5 lbs reduction)
# CrMo rod set
# ARP hardware throughout;
# Supertech valves, undercut stems, Nitride coated
# Balance the clutch and engine assembly together to maximize smooth revving with reduced harmonics
# Installation CircuitWorx Oil Pump gears

Besides getting the engine back in my Elise, also the following impressive stack of boxes with parts will be thrown in:

From Dr. Phil (BOEFabrication.com | Beyond Original Equipment)
- TurboPhil’s Stage I TVS Super Charger plus EFI Standalone
- TurboPhil’s Fuel Surge Tank and Fuel Pump Enhancement (race kit version).

Other stuff:
A/W intercooler
Moroso oil pan
ACT XTSS clutch + Fidanza flywheel
Innovative engine mounts 75A
Coated PPE SC Header with decat http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/super-exhaust-header-sale-starting-599-a-72418/
Oil catch can

Pretty stuff:
Side vents with mesh http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/side-vent-mesh-solution-68473/
Trim for the hole in my grille for my Arqray exhaust http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/modified-stock-panel-single-exit-exhaust-71954/

And that’s pretty much it.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Glad to see the wrenches are starting to turn ED. I just got back from a long afternoon at the track. Ihope you can say the same before long! :up:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Nice setup.

TVS is the way to go.

Not sure why MP62's are still selling. :shrug:

Of course I'm bias.

Enjoy your wrenching!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK some pic's:

1. Clam and read lid are still hanging out together.
2. Engine is back in, clutch +flywheel are done.
Only the TVS, EFI, Fuel surge tank, moroso etc.etc. to go....i would say another three hours and we're done!

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:clap: :clap: I'm so happy to see this... I'm bringing my car back in tomorrow so maybe I'll catch you.
I'm way beyond happy to see that thing are finally coming together. I will be back @Intermecanica tomorrow in the afternoon hopefully until it's done (probably late in the evening) so i can break in the engine afterwards driving up and down the I-95 or so if base tune is OK re A/F ratio's. Fine tuning then to be finished Sat.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice setup.

TVS is the way to go.

Of course I'm bias.

Enjoy your wrenching!
As long as they are in stock and/or the initial investment in the kit has not been earned back, they're still selling even though the MP62 is yesterdays news.
Especially the VF kit with the intercooled MP62 still looks good, i wouldn't consider that one yesterdays news until Phil comes out with an intercooled version of the TVS kit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to see the wrenches are starting to turn ED. I just got back from a long afternoon at the track. Ihope you can say the same before long! :up:

Best,

Phil
With some luck i'll be running with Lotus on track July 24 on Zolder Belgium. I just saw that Lotus on Track also runs on Spa Francorchamps on Oct 1. Running on a F-1 track would be a 100% awesome.
There are just 2 tracks in the Netherlands, the most well known being Zandvoort (former F-1 track) . I still need to figure out when track days are organized. Hopefully I'm able to do a couple of them each year.

2008 Events Diary

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
wow you guys are really hauling to get that much work done in such a short amount of time. I've done mild updates on the efi installation notes in recent days so you may want to DL the latest version to be sure you're dealing with current news.

Let me know if I can help. I'll be on the race track tomorrow, so may be hard to reach. Just leave me a message I you miss me and i'll ring you back.

Best,
Phil

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow you guys are really hauling to get that much work done in such a short amount of time. I've done mild updates on the efi installation notes in recent days so you may want to DL the latest version to be sure you're dealing with current news.

Let me know if I can help. I'll be on the race track tomorrow, so may be hard to reach. Just leave me a message I you miss me and i'll ring you back.

Best,
Phil
Thx for the offer, i might start bothering you Fri late afternoon and Sat.
I'll dl the EFI notes to be sure i have the most recent ones.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TVS on the table
and TVS not on the table anymore

Attachments

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Sweet! It's lookin' good :up:

Are your tires on the correct sides? It almost looks like they are switched.

Where are the pics of the header? :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oooh the EFI wiring fun now begins

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet! It's lookin' good :up:

Are your tires on the correct sides? It almost looks like they are switched.

Where are the pics of the header? :D
header is laying pretty in a box besides car, will be installed later today so it can be pretty in the car.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice setup.

TVS is the way to go.

Of course I'm bias.

Enjoy your wrenching!

I just bought the BWR kit for three reasons:

1) cost
2) not quite ready to jump into EFI
3) If I jump straight to my final power goal I am only completely giddy twice, where as if i take steps from stock to bwr then to tvs, I get to be completely giddy multiple times.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts