The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the experience of going to a fast food joint and I was asked if I wanted to get a combo meal with a drink. Mmm, I thought.... Nope Sure don't---I don't have a cupholder!
How's that for killing an upsale!

:D

Clyde

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Lotusmonza said:
Just had the experience of going to a fast food joint and I was asked if I wanted to get a combo meal with a drink. Mmm, I thought.... Nope Sure don't---I don't have a cupholder!

Clyde
I thought the Elise was coming with a cupholder

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
That thing between the seats that houses the A/C adaptor will not hold any cups- not really sure what it's for.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
maybe the Elise is so low that you are not going to be able to pay the cashier or to receive your food, from the drive-thru-window, with the top on.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey Clyde, since you are around, you care to divulge any info about anything at all? We are all starving for some facts.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I am surprised they could see you at the drive up window. Probably have to get out of the car....

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Lotusmonza said:
Nope Sure don't---I don't have a cupholder!
Two problems with this logic:
  1. You need an excuse like this not to be up-sold on crap?
  2. Your logic is self-contradictory - the entire Elise is an upsale - what with LSS, LSD, Hard top, power windows, and leather all being upsales... even a freakin cup-holder isn't included in it! Unless you're getting a bare stock Elise, you're already being upsold!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Lotusmonza said:

Clyde
Hmm, sounds like this car is also healthy for you through forcing a healthier dietary habbit. I wonder if with and Rx I can have my insurance cover the cost of the car?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi Clyde, welcome back, how's it going ?
As you can tell everyone's a little on edge, we really are starved for information and the wait is tough, man !

Anything you can tell us will be appreciated, but also torn down, turned around and analyzed every which way. You're probably already sorry that you posted, right ?

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
As mentioned in another post. Talked with Clyde today, all's going well, but he said it's really hit the fan as far as workload goes now with getting all the ducks in a row for the impending arrival of the car.

If getting the elise over here isn't enough, he's just moved into a new house! Big congrats on that.

Said he just hasn't had the time to hit the boards with all the planning and everything for the launch.

Clyde is really pumped right now, and excited about getting the cars over here!!

Chris

BTW> The magnetic blue US elise will be the display car at the Atlanta Show.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Chris is right lots of stuff going on around here and we are very excited about the Elise arriving on our shores in a few months.

As for news it is all green lights so far. I have spent several days driving an Elise and every time I go for a drive there is still that boyish grin when the engine fires to life and that first corner appears. What an awesome car! If I only hadn't bought that house

:(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chris,
When is the Atlanta Auto Show? I asume that it will be held at the World Congress Center. I am very interested in seeing the Elise in person.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The local paper had a story about car sales last year. They noted Lotus had sold 5 cars all of last year in CA. Boy, the Elise is going to be a big change for them, hope there aren't too many growing pains. Congrats on the home, guess that means you wouldn't own a Elise for a while, then again guess work does allow for some side benfits. :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Welcome back, Clyde. We need news. For example, has production of US cars started yet?

My Miata has no cup holders and is almost as low as the Elise. It hasn't prevented me from going through fast food drive-through lanes and ordering combos. You learn to reach up for your food at the window and hold your drink while shifting quickly with your free hand off the steering wheel for a brief moment. Although with a new car, I generally prohibit consumption of food or beverages during the initial ownership period.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
jml1952 said:
[B}Although with a new car, I generally prohibit consumption of food or beverages during the initial ownership period. [/B]
Everytime I get a new car, I always swear up and down that there will be no food or drink allowed in it. Then one day, hunger outweighs my principles and next thing you know, there's fries under the seat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
"Bottle Holder"?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the "thing" between the seats in the rear was a "bottle holder". Not great for a Big Gulp, but if you wanted water for a long track day or even something like a Minute Maid lemonade bottle.

I swore I'd never have food in my Eclipse but that went out the window a long time ago. I still don't really eat in my car anymore unless I really have to. Who wants to eat cold fries?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: "Bottle Holder"?

BraFish said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the "thing" between the seats in the rear was a "bottle holder
When I sat in the fed car in St. Pete, I distinctly remember that the "thing" was shaped very oddly as it is tall, but the front of it is almost entirely open and the bottom of it, or floor is only about 2" deep. It's wider than deep (about 4")and you could'nt fit a 16 oz bottle of water in it. I paused to think what it could be used for. I'll look for a close up I think I took of it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts