The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read autobloggreen every once in a while, was amazed to see Lotus mentioned in this article.

Full article at: Toyota tops '07 CAFE numbers, will increase Prius capacity - AutoblogGreen

-=-=-=-=-=- excerpt -=-=-=-=-=-
The numbers for last year's combined fleet fuel efficiency for all automakers in the United States has been tallied. The winner? Um, Lotus. But, they don't really count. Too small. For manufacturers that actually offer a full line of automobiles, Toyota with 29.69 mpg just barely edged out the likes of Honda, which posted 29.49, and Hyundai with 29.37. All those Prius hybrid sales surely helped push Toyota to the top this year.
-=-=-=-=-=- /excerpt -=-=-=-=-=-

I knew we get good mileage... but did we really top Toyota at 29.69 ? I get 30 regularly but do quite a bit of highway miles.

Sorry if this is old news, I did search and didn't find it. :)

cheers,
Albert.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
HA! I don't get 30 mpg!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...yes, one hundred octane really helps...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
just got a new high of 30.56 on my last tank.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've done about 45 mpg, but that was a special "race" to see who got the most mileage out of their car over a 40 mile stretch of windy mountain roads. Definitely no second cam driving then....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The Lotus is an obvious winner in the mpg department, but not the SUV-impact department.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
I CAN get 30MPG, I just choose not to :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I average about 22 mpg...I don't baby it but I don't redline it at every opportunity either...typical shifts are at 4k RPM. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I get 17 on the track and 30 on the freeway. I think I get in the low to mid 20s in the city but I do a mix of freeway so I do not know for sure there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I got about 34 on my way home from picking my car up. I did not want to push it too hard since I was so far from home. The closer I got to home, the less fuel efficient it became. :confused:rotfl

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
How exactly is everyone figuring out the mpg they are getting?

I just fill up my tank when its down to a bar or two left and go drive. :shift:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I reset my trip meter every time I fill up. So I take the miles on my trip meter and divide by how many gallons it took to fill my tank.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts