The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifey got me a big as telefoto lens for my camera. So now you guys better shave before coming to the races, or I'll get it in detail.

Lots of general tools from my wifes parents.

A helmet and neck gaurd from my brother in law.

A palm pilot from my mom (welcome to the 21st).

And other various things.

Oh.. I won a Ozzy Osuborne action figure from a white elephant exchange. I stole it from my cousin, it was much better than the wicker purse with flowers on it that I unwrapped. But my wife won't let me even take it in the house, so off to work it goes to mence all the rocket scientist in my area.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Box set of bootleg DVDs from Studio Ghibli (anime). Dishtowels.

Not too much. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
helmet...but you already knew that...

bad ass 4'x8' layout, 45ft of track, loop the loop and all...yup slot car racing :):):)

3some of Austin Powers DVDs

Audioslave CD. Soooooo good to hear Chris Cornells voice again.

Cordless and corded Skil drills

19" bedroom TV

and the usual suspects, clothes, socks, candy....oh and the Simpson's 6 disc second season DVD box set.

I think i did pretty good this year :):) I am greatfull.

·
Registered
125 Posts
C'mon, we're car geeks...How bout the Zip-Zaps? I got one...fun toy. Really pisses my cat off.

Also got a 1:18 '67 Pontiac GTO. Looks *really weird* next to the 1:18 Lotus Elise I got last year. Damn cars have gotten small, or used to be BIG!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Larry Andrews said:
C'mon, we're car geeks...How bout the Zip-Zaps? I got one...fun toy. Really pisses my cat off.
I got one of the cheap knock-offs months ago at Citywalk. My cat could care less. None of the Radio Shacks I've gone to has had any in stock.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Trys_Hard said:
Is the Radio Shack one, the one to get. I saw them at Fry's also.

Art
I dunno... The one I got is the "Z-Cars" brand. It wouldn't run on plain Duracells, required the super-fancy six-bucks-for-four batteries to actually charge the car battery. :( Also, the range of the transmitter is only about six feet. Fine for coffee table racing but crap for playing in the driveway. You do get a couple of cones with the car and the "racing pack" gets you another 8. What if you need about 150 though? :) Would probably look weird if I marked all the cone boxes on the kitchen floor with a sharpie...

I've figured out that I can really mess with the cat by first driving the car to get his attention, then flashing the laser pointer in front of him to distract him from the car, then back and forth repeatedly. If I threw catnip into the mix, he'd probably explode outright.

The Zip-Zap brand is at Radio Shack and is very hard to find. Some people say they're the best, some seem to think that they're junk. I'd love to see a good evaluation of the various cars out there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe the Zip Zap cars are the original models, and all the rest are knock-offs.

The big advantages to the ZipZaps is tuning. You can replace just about everything on the cars (tires, gears, motors, battery).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Davard said:
The big advantages to the ZipZaps is tuning. You can replace just about everything on the cars (tires, gears, motors, battery).
My son bought a "Microsizer", and all you mentioned is tunable on his, as is the suspension. I hadn't even heard of "Zip Zaps" until this thread got going.

Come to think of it, I hadn't heard of Microsizers, either. Oh well, I guess I'm too old to be in "the loop". In fact, I thought "The Loop" was a section of Chicago!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got two of those little cars as well...don't know what brand, but it sure is fun to torment the cat with them! She goes nuts trying to get them, but then they try to get her and thus the torment :D

As for the real presents....lets see....

A neck guard, 5 gallon gas can (top filler)
5 gallon air tank :)
6 "D" cell mag-lite, creeper with raising headrest
lots of bungee cords (you can really never have too many bungee's),
nomex lined racing gloves :D
and last but not least....

the ok to move the tv and surround sound into the spare bedroom:D , the system sounds perfect in the inclosed environment :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well....
My Xmas to myself was to secretly "upgrade" last years Xmas present from Stacey. She bought me a crappy little refurbished welder that I was able to sell for within $20 of what she paid for it including tax and shipping. Then I went out and bought a Hobart Handler 135 Mig Welder. She'll never know the difference.... RIGHT GUYS????

I also scored:

Trick Aluminum Air Tank
Aluminum Race Jack (Harbor Frieght)
Rallysport Challenge (WRC style Computer Game)
Milliken's Textbook---Race Car Vehicle Dynamics
Smith's book---Engineer to Win
Eastwood Welding Cart
Best Buy and Panda Inn Gift Cards
A coupla' dozen Panda Inn White Chocolate dipped fortune cookies
A new rolling Carryon for all the travel I don't do
A "Hot Wheels" Collectors calendar

For Stacey I got a way with a great scam.... I replaced all of her peeling T-Fal with Calphalon. I went way past the alloted cabinet space, so I also got her a matching Calphalon hanging pan rack and a "Pot Tower". The scam is that I do most of the cooking and I'm the one who has wanted the Calphalon forever. But she thought it was the greatest gift to her, because her sister and sister-in-law were green with envy. Its a strange world.

Her gift to herself was a collection of pink depression glass and several books on the subject. The mother-in-law insisted Stacey find something to collect.... I knew there were good reasons I hate this woman.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got new struts. Kinda anticlimactic, since they were *already* on the car... "Oh, I thought we agreed they would be your Christmas gift!" But, I can't beat free labor....

Among the rest:
Lobstergram.
Associated Press stylebook.
gift cert to Zov's Bistro in Tustin.
two canisters of pepper spray.
Cross pen.
handmade xmas ornament of my cat.
book compilation of "Mutts" comic strip.

and then...the from-me-to-me gift. my mountain bike.

kimberly

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kimberly said:
two canisters of pepper spray.
Cross pen.
I am with Glen on this one!;)

Sonds to me like she is going to be the aggressor ;) not the other way around. First she sprays you in the eyes :( and then she stabs you with the pen :eek:

Kim, you do remember that I think that you are a good person? Right?! Cuz I think that you are great, and would never say a bad word about you or you great little car :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
pepper spray

I got the canisters (one in the shape of a pen, not to be confused with the Cross pen I also got) from Owen's dad and stepmom. I told them a while back that I am an SPCA volunteer, helping to manage a feral cat colony in the back of the O.C. Probation Department next to the Block at Orange. New units at the jail are under construction as I type this.

Kimberly

·
Registered
86 Posts
So, you're arming yourself against the cats? The prisoners? Both?

And here I thought one of them would be kept at your desk in case any prima donna writers come over to bitch. :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts