The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It's about time to replace my OEM tires and am contemplating on which tires to get. The car isn't going to be driven in snow and most of my driving is in the highway/twisties.

My question to you is:

What tires are better than the OEM tires that don't give it such a harsh ride? I know it's inevitable however, I feel like my wheels are gonna fall off every time I drive over a pothole.

Second question is:

Will a 195/235 setup be fine? Or should I just stick with the 175/225 setup? I have just the standard rims.

Last question:

Where do you recommend a good local (LA) place for tires/brake pads to be installed at? Or even an oil change at that. Or should I just just go to Beverly/Newport's dealership?

Sorry for my newbish questions, I searched for some of my questions but didn't come up with the setup and harsh ride question. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
If the harshness of the ride is bothering you, I would recommend going with a new suspension. An adjustable shock at it's softest setting will be softer than your base, but can be adjusted to be stiffer than LSS.

As far as a different tire? I don't know what to say, I liked the ADO7s. I'm also not sure what options you have that will fit the base wheels.

Wheel Enhancements in Culver City is a good place to get them mounted. Just remember to tell them the lugs should be torqued to 77lbs. Of course you could go to your local dealer.

good luck,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input.

I don't mind the total harshness of the ride, it's just the times when I accidentally go over potholes that gets me.

I too like the Ad07's but are looking for some tires that might last a tad bit longer?

If the harshness of the ride is bothering you, I would recommend going with a new suspension. An adjustable shock at it's softest setting will be softer than your base, but can be adjusted to be stiffer than LSS.

As far as a different tire? I don't know what to say, I liked the ADO7s. I'm also not sure what options you have that will fit the base wheels.

Wheel Enhancements in Culver City is a good place to get them mounted. Just remember to tell them the lugs should be torqued to 77lbs. Of course you could go to your local dealer.

good luck,

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Hmmm I was getting 15,000 + miles on ADO7s. I think you'll be giving up a lot of grip if you get something harder. Just my opinion.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts