The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Evora 2+2 (for about 6 months with 2000mi) that has an annoying click or knock while driving over small bumps in the road. Also there is a small annoying rattle that comes from the front part of the passenger window and goes away when I crack the window a tiny bit. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
597 Posts
If the click or knock is coming from the front end, you may want to have a look at the sway bar bushings. It's not unheard of for one of them to begin to wiggle out of its bracket. Easily solved by repositioning, perhaps with some adhesive if you want to be sure you'll never have to touch it again. (Adhesive bushing-to-bracket, not bushing-to-sway-bar!)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I would have the fit on the passenger door checked out. It's possible it may be loose or rubbing against something it shouldn't. I know that on mine, there's a chunk missing (near the mirror and not really visible) from banging against the A pillar.

·
Registered
359 Posts
As WoH has stated, the front sway bar is becoming a noise-related issue for some Evoras.

Mine was thunk-ing a fair bit - turns out, removing the U-bracket & bush (the mount from the chassis to the 'bar), greasing everything & reinstalling has fixed it. For now.

These aluminium chassis Lotus's with excellent NVH mean you do hear things you'd not in other cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts