The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will begin looking for an Elise in the next month or so but I was wondering what to maintance costs are per year? I plan on an Elise but a Ferrari 308 and NSX are also under consideration.I know the 308 willhave at least 3 to 5k in maintance every year or so but can not find cost for the NSX. The NSX is alittle more than I want to spend but f the maintance cost are low theextra money will not be such a big deal.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Maintenance will depend on how many miles you are going to drive. Things that come to mind are oil changes (100), brakes (1000) and possible inspections(?). If you do the work yourself, you will save tons.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Figure somewhere in the neighborhood of $500-$1K per year if you plan on having your dealer do the work. Like alexandertg4 said, you'll save if you DIY. I pretty much did every other service one myself. But my 15K service was $611 if that gives you an idea. Brakes will easily be $1K, I was about due for new fronts at my 15K service. Did those myself with Pagid RS42s all around, all of which was just a bit more than the ~$300 the dealer wanted for just the front OEM pads. Tires will depend on which ones you have and whether you want to stick with OEM. You'll get about 5K miles out of the sport pack tires and about 10K out of the standard-issue AD07s.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
I think $500-1000 is way too low if he plans on driving it more than 3000 miles in a year...

Assuming 15,000 miles a year:

Tires = $900/set * 3 = $2700.00

Oil change = $100.00 * 3 = $300.00

Brakes = $500.00

So you're @ ~$3500.00 if you nothing breaks and it runs just fine everyday rotfl

An NSX would probably be cheaper to maintain compared to an Elise. An Elise costs almost NOTHING compared to a more expensive exotic though.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you don't buy A048s you can get by on $600 for tires every 15,000 or so. Brakes are nowhere near $500 / year if you DIY and you're not replacing rotors. Oil is another cheap DIY.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think $500-1000 is way too low if he plans on driving it more than 3000 miles in a year...

Assuming 15,000 miles a year:

Tires = $900/set * 3 = $2700.00

Oil change = $100.00 * 3 = $300.00

Brakes = $500.00

So you're @ ~$3500.00 if you nothing breaks and it runs just fine everyday rotfl

An NSX would probably be cheaper to maintain compared to an Elise. An Elise costs almost NOTHING compared to a more expensive exotic though.
I was only talking about service. That's why I dealt with brakes and tires separately, especially because with those YMMV, literally. :)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
ive spent in one year,

2000$ in tires
560$ on brake parts
210$ on oil changes

and about 10000$ in mods.

note! not included, the 6 months the car spent in the shop...

·
Registered
98 Posts
You guys are throwing out some really high figures, which is good. Maybe that will help people to realize its feasible to do the work yourself.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
2006 I have 19 thousand miles Dealer changed oil every 7,500 (recommended) $200 x2, rear tires only $600. $1,000 in a year and a half. Brakes are okay. I haven't tracked the car.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
You guys are throwing out some really high figures, which is good. Maybe that will help people to realize its feasible to do the work yourself.
With a car like this... you SHOULD be doing the work yourself :D

In general it's relatively easy to work on... and the Toyota engine makes things so much cheaper/easier.

Here are my requirements for owning a car like the Elise:

1. Garage
2. Second car

Otherwise it can be a pretty big pain in your @$$ at times. Some people like the pain though :shrug:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
For $1,000 for brakes I will fly to you, bring the parts, do your brakes, and walk your dog.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i have REALLY big dogs. you'll want more!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts