The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ky13
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where you are guys taking your cars? Lotus friendly shop (more specifically, a shop familiar with our cars) or just some random shop? TIA

·
Registered
364 Posts
Silver_Surfer, Almighty, and I get our emissions and safety inspections done at a Mobil gas station in Arlington. The techs seem to know next to nothing about Lotus but we haven't had any problems with them.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Silver_Surfer, Almighty, and I get our emissions and safety inspections done at a Mobil gas station in Arlington. The techs seem to know next to nothing about Lotus but we haven't had any problems with them.
It's an Exxon station, I was just there today with my DD. Nice guys, like the cars, and they don't mind us hovering.

·
Registered
712 Posts
They didn't put mine on a lift. This was a while ago, but I don't even think they opened the boot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I get mine done at VA Tire & Auto in Falls Church right off of Rt 50. Good guy who does inspections, he even lets me pull it into the bay, I sit in the car the whole time and I do the horn/blinkers/lights. No lift, no wheel removal either.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My first time taking the elise I went way outta my way to find a place with experience with exotics. It turned out not to matter. No one wants to do anything to mess up an expensive or delicate car, so they were pretty much afraid to touch it for any reason. I've since asked guys where they take their lambos an ferraris and such and the common response is nowhere special, citing the same phenomenon. I would look for a clean shop and hovering should e a given. They'll probably prefer it in case they need the vehicle moved or something needs touched.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Im moving to Rosslyn over the winter.. finally found a well priced room w/private garage.

..keeping my permenant address registration/plates MD so I dont need to fuss with these inspections, likely be in VA less than a year anyway.

For the MD people, I had my one-time MD inspection done at Executive Tire on East Gude Dr. They are good guys and have one tech familiar with Lotus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts