The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANNUAL SPRING EURO MEET, DRIVE & DINE
SUNDAY, JUNE 1st 9:30-11am MEET; 11:15am DEPART

MEETING PLACE: Starbucks - Milestone Shopping Center, Germantown, MD directions below...

INFO: It's once again time for the Annual Spring Euro Meet... Last year there were 103 cars at the meeting place and 48 made the drive... Let's see if we can top that this year... We will meet in the parking lot at Milestone Shopping Center by Borders Books and Starbucks... We will chat, exchange stories then head off for a spirited drive through upper Montgomery Co. & lower Frederick Co... The drive should last about 90 minutes or less... I've scoped out what will be a very challenging route with lots of open roads with lots of twisties!!! If you were on the Fall Drive then you know what I mean :)... Directions will be handed out to all prior to departing... We don't want anyone getting lost... We will end at the famous PB Dye Golf Club for lunch...

Directions to Starbucks Milestone:
Heading South on RT 270 from Frederick Area:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and turn left at the light at end of ramp… Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

Heading North on RT 270 from RT 495:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and bear right on ramp toward Damascus … Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… Take RT 27 South through Damascus (stay on RT 27 as it takes a Right in Damascus ) and continue until you get to RT 355 Frederick Road… Take Left on RT 355 and proceed to first light and turn right into Milestone Shopping Center … Go to stop sign and turn right and you will see Starbucks…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Starbucks Milestone
20934 Frederick Road
Germantown , Maryland 20874
301-515-1084

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The CTD Group ran the tour route for next Sunday's EURO MEET, DRIVE & DINE and had a great time... We ended the run at the famous PB Dye Golf Course just like we will next Sunday... OrangeSpider from the Lotus Forum came out for the run and it was great to finally have a Lotus in the CTD Group...

Gina and I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones at next Sunday's get together... We hope you can make it...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I couldn't help but notice the "Euro" in the title, are non-Euro makes invited to participate? I try to be respectful of such things, while I only have an STI now, I hope to get an Exige in the coming year or so.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Nawar

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't help but notice the "Euro" in the title, are non-Euro makes invited to participate? I try to be respectful of such things, while I only have an STI now, I hope to get an Exige in the coming year or so.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Nawar
Everyone is welcome to the event... It will be 99% EURO... Mostly Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus and Lambo... But you never know who's going to show up... I never make this an RSVP event because everyone is welcome... It's an excellent opportunity for members of the various forums to meet each other and have a great time...

Hope to see you Sunday...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The weather for this Sunday is looking spectacular - SUNNY and 76 - Now that's what I call a GREAT weather forecast :D Let's hope the weather forecast holds up... Should be a fantastic turnout if the weather is great... Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions... Gina and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
could anyone help with directions from nj turnpike? 95? south?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95 South to the Baltimore Beltway I-695 toward Towson to RT-70 West then follow the directions... There should be a few from New Jersey coming down...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sunday
Jun 1

77°/59°

Now that's what I call a GREAT weather forecast for Sunday... Gina and I are looking for to seeing old friends and meeting new ones on Sunday...

Make sure you PM or email me if you have any questions...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's looks like the weather for the Annual Spring Event is going to be spectacular... This is an excellent opportunity to come out and meet fellow sports car enthutiasts... Many come to the meet only and don't make the drive... Some come to the meet & drive and can't stay for the lunch... All are welcome and NO RSVP IS NECESSARY... Hope to see you Sunday :cool:

Sunday, Jun 1 for Germantown, MD
Day
High: 81°F RealFeel®: 81°F
Sunny and less humid

Now that's a weather forecast :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey Robert, if I decide to go to this (I really want to do Lilypons/Mid-Atlantic British Car Day as well) - I live right off of Rte 70 (Exit 80 - Sykesville). We could meet up and drive in together for this. I know where it is.

Only thing is though, I am still really up in the air as to what I am going to do. :shrug: On a personal level, I so ENJOY THE DRIVE so much. But on the other hand, I really wanna see what kind of impression my car might give in a "real" registered and prize-potential (voters choice) kinda show (see THIS thread, and THIS and THIS one too).

I am completely torn, even up to this very moment, as to what I am going to do! :panic: But if I decide on the Euro DRIVE, I'll be happy to let you know, and we can go to PM's for cell phone contact #'s etc. if so. I plan on having a decision made before I go to bed tonight.

Hope to get the chance to meet you - and several others in any case, at either (and still - for me - maybe even BOTH) of these 2 events.

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
370 Posts
There will be at least my Elise at the Euro Drive and I can't express how exicted I am for the top-off weather forecasted! Hope to meet some folks that post here also... I used the logic of which event to attend this weekend based on driving or spectating...hmmm Hope to see you at the drive!

:shift:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Couple of shots from today. Only 5 Loti showed up, but there were some other cool cars there. Loved the British racing green Cobra and the special order Estoril Blue E46 M3. I used to have an Estoril Blue E36 M3 and that remains my favorite car color of all-time, so it was cool to see it on an E46. Incidentally, I was happy to see our Lotus cars getting almost as much attention as the Ferraris! The younger kids who came with their dads kept running from one end of the lot to the other to look at the Ferrari group and then the Lotus group. They looked like they were in heaven. Can't wait till my boy grows a bit older so I can start taking him with me to these things.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice photos Adam. And pretty quick on the posting too! I was with a group of cars that made a wrong turn and we got separated from the pack so I went over to the British Car Days event and had a fun time there too. Let's see if we can get a group together in a few weeks -- maybe the Saturday after Father's day?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks again Bull!!!

It was nice to meet some fellow Lotus guys today. The drive was a blast and I can't wait for the next one! The Porsches and Ferraris were fun to listen to and keep pace with on the twisites but that Sentra was killing me when stuck behind it...:wallbang: Sounds like there might be another planned for sometime in July. I'll have some pics from today to post soon.

:shift:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for Coming to the Euro Event

It was really great to see the Lotus' at the event... They were a BIG hit... Sorry a few of you missed part of the route... Gina and I have a great time putting these together for everyone... We hope you continue to come to the events in the future... I'll get some pictures posted as soon as Gina forwards them to me... Our son works for Criswell and gets a discount, so nows she's measuring the garage to see if we can fit a Lotus in our stable of cars :D

She's nuts :crazyeyes But then again, i could have married someone that's not into cars...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nice photos Adam. And pretty quick on the posting too! I was with a group of cars that made a wrong turn and we got separated from the pack so I went over to the British Car Days event and had a fun time there too. Let's see if we can get a group together in a few weeks -- maybe the Saturday after Father's day?
Think we saw you there, and glad you came by there too. I was so torn between the 2 events, and so wish that they were on separate days, so that I could have done BOTH!

Man, I've got one honkin' sunburn now. But the 1st place show plaque against it, seems to cool it right now just fine:D:evil: Hopefully next time one of these are put together, I can make it to "represent" against the porsches and ferrari's too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts