The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Good marketing article (see last paragraph). :) I bet most Toyota dealers haven't heard of it.

Lexus is investigating what kind of vehicle to make for their halo car, that is supposed to be around $100k and be the "ultimate Lexus". It could be a luxury sedan or some kind of hybrid sports car. Perhaps this car will be marketed under the Lexus brand? It's not very smart to call it a Toyota in the U.S., unless it is the Supra successor.

- J

PS: The concept car at least had drive by wire technology for the steering, brakes, and throttle. Doesn't this limit the amount of feedback?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Lots of people have been waiting for the return of the Supra. If the name fits..... :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Although the concept car pic from Toyota is real, the article is not.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would not be surprised if my next sportscar after the Elise is a hybrid of some sort. Electric torque is just magical.

I keep seeing concept cars with electric fronts, gas rears and 600+hp equivalence.. bring it on!

·
Registered
818 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I find it quite amusing that they named the Plymouth Prowler and Chevy SSR "trophy sports cars".
you got a problem with prowlers?

·
Registered
100 Posts
PRIAPUS

While you're waiting for your Elise...look up this concept's name PRIAPUS (and the closely related PRIAPISM) in your online dictionary. :eek: :no: :cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Randy's right. This is a gag

In case you aren't aware, a 'priapus' is a painful, sustained erection -- or more generally, used to refer to an unpaired male organ of reproduction

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Re: PRIAPUS

CDubYa said:
While you're waiting for your Elise...look up this concept's name PRIAPUS (and the closely related PRIAPISM) in your online dictionary. :eek: :no: :cool:
LOL that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw this. Pretty clearly a joke.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I made the mistake of clicking on the "Scientists Successfully Clone Penisaurus Rex" link at the right of that article.:huh:

·
Registered
109 Posts

I just called the Toyota dealership in Fresno, CA, and they are creating a waiting list for this car. Without me saying anything, he said, "It's Toyota's answer to Honda's new NSX the HSC". I told him that there will not be an HSC or a 2005 NSX and he said it was probably because Honda heard that Toyata was putting out a supercar by 2005. He said he would be getting more info on the car in about 1-2 months. He hopes to have a demo in by March of 2005.

A German magazine called it "Priapus" but the dealership referred to it as "Toyota Volta".

The dealership claimed the below performance:
400 HP
0-60 4.1sec
30+ MPG
McLaren F1-style 3 Seats
165MPH
He said for the production version that the body will not be Carbon Fiber but Aluminum instead (It will weigh a bit more then the Carbon Fiber "test mule" version but will still out perform MANY cars on the road)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Price is said to be at $70K. Not sure on production numbers. I emailed Toyota and they emailed me back stating that it would be optomistic thinking to find ourselves in one by next year. They said to stay connected with local "large" dealerships for updated information on the Volta...

·
Registered
971 Posts
From the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language

1. Priapus. Greek Mythology. Roman Mythology. The god of procreation, guardian of gardens and vineyards, and personification of the erect phallus.

Sounds like a good job, if you can get it.:clap:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts