The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of these seem to be pro quality- stand alone shots of the Saffron and Silver cars- good desktop images.Lotus Ltd.

·
Registered
96 Posts
_JD_ said:
A couple of these seem to be pro quality- stand alone shots of the Saffron and Silver cars- good desktop images.Lotus Ltd.
pro quality?????
maybe the original images were, before they shrunk them to the size of postage stamps, and made the quality so bad that they're full of artifacts...

is your desktop 640x480????

am i missing something?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Another batch of photos from Lotus Ltd.

frukio said:
pro quality?????
maybe the original images were, before they shrunk them to the size of postage stamps, and made the quality so bad that they're full of artifacts...

is your desktop 640x480????

am i missing something?
Yeah, the quality is'nt the best, but the pics were taken in a studio for some "glamor" shots. They seem to be promotional shots by Lotus and are simply different from the badly lit shots at the show. Maybe desktop quality they aint.:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Those are pics from the press CD, I haven't had a chance to look at mine, but I assume they're done in high res in a decent size. Lotus Ltd. resized them probably for bandwidth issues.
Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Another batch of photos from Lotus Ltd.

_JD_ said:
Yeah, the quality is'nt the best, but the pics were taken in a studio for some "glamor" shots. They seem to be promotional shots by Lotus and are simply different from the badly lit shots at the show. Maybe desktop quality they aint.:D
Give me 1920x1200
;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Interesting that they singled out the Lime green model but not the others :confused:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
How come no photos from anyone showing a standard sized male getting in and out of the vehicle with its roof on?
There's a video of that somewhere. Old guy (40s) does it in about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
old guy???:(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
How come no photos from anyone showing a standard sized male getting in and out of the vehicle with its roof on?
Because it's not a pretty sight! :D

Getting in is no problem for me at 5'8", even with the top on (despite being an ancient 51). Getting out is trickier.

We need a video of a tall guy trying to get into the car with the hard top on. It's very amusing to see the contortions involved as they lead with the front leg, then try to dip the head and torso under the roof line. (I think it gets easier over time).

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Dignified it's not (getting in with the top up) but it aint that hard, I'm 6'2" and manage OK, but then I'm used to getting into a caterham with the top up.
Chris

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do NOT worry about it, guys (and ladies!). There really is NO set way to do this. In fact, every time I watch someone else and try it their way, I get stuck. I have my own way, and at 6 ft 2 and 56 years old, it works fine, is not ungainly, and I am in faster than you can say "Elise".
The only REALLY difficult one is ladies in skirts. There is absolutly no way that a lady in a skirt (of any length) can get into an Elise with the roof up and retain one spec of her dignity !! :D
But if you guys keep watching videos and trying to copy others, you WILL have problems. Another thread on this subject had a video of Tony from UK showing how to do it. Let me tell you, I do NOT make any of the same moves he makes !!!
By the way, be careful that your belt loop on the back of your trousers doesn't get caught on the door striker pin. That causes a LOT of laughs from by standers !!:eek:
Giles

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
waelsie said:
By the way, be careful that your belt loop on the back of your trousers doesn't get caught on the door striker pin. That causes a LOT of laughs from by standers !!:eek:
Giles
LOL :D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
the 'Fosbury Flop' is only helpful if the windows are upand the top(s) are off.
Therefore, I'm sticking with the 'crouch,
swirl, butt-side forward' attack style.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts