The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home tonight shift cable broke in the car right at the shifter. 2007 elise with 15000kms. Do you think Lotus will warranty the part only? I live 24hrs from the closest Canadian dealer. has anyone changed one of these cables? how hard of a job is it? Is my warranty good at a U.S dealer I am only 6 hrs from Minneapolis.:(

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Driving home tonight shift cable broke in the car right at the shifter. 2007 elise with 15000kms. Do you think Lotus will warranty the part only? I live 24hrs from the closest Canadian dealer. has anyone changed one of these cables? how hard of a job is it? Is my warranty good at a U.S dealer I am only 6 hrs from Minneapolis.:(
For mechanical failures, warranty covering parts for customer install don't happen too often. The dealership is usually asked/required by the manufacturer to examine the car and the failure to determine if indeed it is a warranty issue or operator issue. Also, they won't cover under warranty the install done by the customer.

Not such a big deal for cosmetic bits, but for mechanical, that's another matter. For example, Lotus might be interested to know if you have one of the aftermarket shift kits in your car. Warranty on the cable probably would be denied in that circumstance.

Best way to see if the Minneapolis dealership will do your warranty work is to...well...give them a call!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts