The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone posting and contributing to the community here at elisetalk.com. I have learned quite a bit through your posts, stories, and information sharing. I had decided I wanted an Elise a long time ago, but felt much more well informed after lurking on the list for some months.

Also, the information on the board enabled me to better make the decision to stop waiting in line at Manhattan Motor Cars (where I was getting the run-around, and not being informed as to realistic delivery estimate/date and not ever notified of my actual number in line even after putting down a $2,000 deposit!) and simply go ahead and purchase (for a small amount over MSRP) a car from Mark Starr at Hunting Ridge Motorsports.

For anyone interested in my dealer experience, let me tell you that Mark and Amy over at HRM - along with the rest of their (obviously very pro-Lotus) car enthusiast employees - were excellent. Straight up, honest, absolutely on the ball with paperwork done and car ready on the agreed-upon day and time. No pressure to upgrade the car, nothing but happiness and excitement that I'd be picking it up and driving it home about 5 days after I called them to say "its a deal."

At the same time as my elise has been getting the thumbs-up from people all around town since I brought it home, Hunting Ridge Motorsports gets two thumbs-up from me!

About my driving experience: the last high performance car I drove often was a 1992 porsche 911 american roadster, and sat atop my automotive experiences as king. After driving my new Elise for two days now, I can safely say that I'd take the Elise over the Porsche anyday - it just gives a much more thrilling experience through the curves and fits my driving like a glove. It's like a sexy, orange, fiberglass glove. That goes really, really fast.

I LOVE MY ELISE!!!
-=steve

I have included a picture for your perusal. I have now seen many of the colors up close and personal, and must say that - for my money - people would be crazy to go with ANYthing other than Chrome Orange, Lazer Blue, or (yes, I know - but ive seen it, and its INCREDIBLE - live a little!) Krypton Green. I nearly traded for Krypton Green at the last minute, but once you join the COM ... your in it for life.

Similar to the HRM special edition with the black racing stripes that graced this board a couple weeks ago, we also had the center console painted CO to match. This is a bit of detailing I highly recomend to people. It really pulls the car together.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I know HRM is really popular here, but I've got to ask: Where are all these 'extra' cars coming from? HRM seems to be selling a lot of cars over MSRP. Are they delivering many cars to list members?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Glad you got your car, but why is this dealer selling cars at over MSRP?

What about the deposit holders?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Welcome to the board. Seeing what you're wearing, how is the heater?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heat and cold

The heater (and the A/C) works just fine. My VIN indicates a serial number of 312 (if i remember correctly...) , and I heard that lotus hopes the A/C "freezing" problems have been fixed by now. Should be good news for others.

As for my delivery - I imagine that there have been numerous deposit holders who have already received their cars from HRM; I also imagine that there have also been many people who were former deposit holders and either decided to drop off the list early (b/c they became tired/frustrated of waiting, decided a S2000 in hand was better than an Elise in the bush, their financial situation fell through, they never actually planned on buying and only wanted the option, etc etc) or were on multiple lists and had their car delivered to them from a different list...

That is all conjecture, of course, but they certainly seem like possible options. Like I mentioned before, I had been waiting on a list for quite some time before I sucked it up and went looking elsewhere. I certainly consider myself lucky to have found one; this is the car of my dreams.

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
nice pic! :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts