The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Greenville SC Maserati/Lotus dealer is not operating at this time. They lost the Maserati franchise and the only tech who who worked at the location left. Between Jacksonville FL all the way to NJ there are no dealers except Flow Lotus in NC who has on again off again service.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is SO disappointing. I would drive 6 hours from Virginia to North Carolina to have them work on my car. They replaced my windshield and helped me countless times with parts. That is a massive disappointment for me as a customer, and I'm saddened for the people who worked there. This pandemic is proving to be more than just a temporary blip. It's leaving deep, and I'm afraid permanent, scars. :-(

·
Registered
195 Posts
Pretty unfortunate to see them fold, when I visited them a year ago they seemed like a fine dealership. I have been watching their inventory and was wondering when their "We are temporarily closed" message would go away but never did.

Wonder what will happen to their inventory.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I just spoke to one of the salespeople that worked at the dealership and she confirms the dealership has indeed shut down. She did say they are still trying to sell their remaining Lotus inventory, but at this point I wouldn't even know who to contact. Sad to see them go :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just spoke to one of the salespeople that worked at the dealership and she confirms the dealership has indeed shut down. She did say they are still trying to sell their remaining Lotus inventory, but at this point I wouldn't even know who to contact. Sad to see them go :(
That's sad. There are 6 dealers in FL, Jacksonville, Orlando, Naples, Miami, Pompano Beach and Palm Beach. One in Atlanta and then the closest is NJ/NY. Flow Lotus in NC doesn't sound promising at all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's really sad is that Secor Lotus in CT has 2011 and 2014 manual transmission Evoras that still sit in their dealership for all this time.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
I may be taking the 2013 IPS off their hands soon for my wife's 30th anniversary at a very reasonable price. Call and ask Steve Splona for his price on those new cars. It will be market correct at this pont.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may be taking the 2013 IPS off their hands soon for my wife's 30th anniversary at a very reasonable price. Call and ask Steve Splona for his price on those new cars. It will be market correct at this pont.
I would consider new tires, all fluids flushed, new baterry, checking for any leaks, cracks in seals, as a minimum. That car has been sitting unsold for 7 years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is sad to see some business shutdown due to the pandemic.
The pandemic may have been the final straw; however, in my opinion, Lotus has had a systemic dealership problem for some time.

Love the car....doing business with them is a whole another story!

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Fully serviced. Iwill nuke the Corsas in a few days. They have been indoors 100% of the time. Harness issue addressed as they now know which connectods caused the issue. They will stand by the car and are happy it is going to be in a Lotus owners hands.
Wife has wanted it for a few years now. 6 yrs in her Miata is long enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts