The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you guys know I have been in the market for an Evora ... the 1st one was wrecked before the transport company got to the dealership to pick it up ... the second one ended up with water in it the day before pickup (a lot of water) ... and now I just purchased this car:

Lotus Evora 2dr Coupe 2 2 | eBay

I got a fair price on it ... higher than the $55k I was paying for the previous 2012 with just 250 miles, but lower than the $57.5K i was paying for the first 2012 with 8000 miles on it ... Of course deliver will set me back another 1500 ... but I just love the interior.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the next week. I am not familiar with this dealership ... lets just hope they play fair.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
They used to be the local Lotus dealer. Maybe they have an Lotus badge still in stock.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
the premium carbon effect red leather is nice - even better in person

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
You're gonna love it! Congrats!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, The secret has to go ... I looked it up as well ... seems to be a pyramid scheme to me. Not sure why someone put that on the back of a lotus.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealership is the same one that sold it to the previous owner. He traded it in for a new Ferrari. Obviously, secret is working for him. The dealership told me it was invoiced at $85k and had all the options except folding mirrors.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
love the Venom Red interior. If venom red was available when I bought mine I would have definitely got it. Very exotic looking. Carbon or graphite grey is always a good choice. Nice diamond cut wheels.
Good luck. hopefully this one will make it to your front door

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
Congratulations. 3rd time will be a charm.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Woot hope it works out like a champ!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I did notice the mistake in tranny ... but it is obviously a IPS. Not sure about tire size ... I thought it was correct. He also stated power folding heated mirrors in the ad, but I think that may be incorrect as well. Also, black leather with cloth back seats or something along that line ...

I am not good with Evora options but I was thinking:

1) Tech Pack - $3,100
Alpine audio system , digital media card; Amplifier; Five Alpine speakers; DVD/VCD; Bluetooth; AUX and USB input jacks; Low tire pressure indicator displays pressure; Cruise control; Rear radar parking distance sensors

2) Premium Pack Sport - $3,250
Accent lighting; Carpet floor mats; Leather footwell side panels, carbon effect leather inserts on the seats; Ebony Black w/red contrast stitching/piping or Venom Red/Cocoa Brown/Imperial Blue w/black stitching/piping; Includes: [HS] Heated Front Seats

3) Sport Pack - $1,400
Driver modes includes engine mapping, stability control and traction control; Enhanced Throttle response and RPM limit; Sports diffuser (uprated Evora S diffuser remains unchanged); Titanium sports exhaust tailpipe (stainless steel on Evora S); Cross drilled brake disks; Red painted brake callipers; If: [010] Lotus Intelligent Precision Shift (IPS); New Price: 1100.00

4) Lotus Intelligent Precision Shift (IPS) - $1,950
Transmission: automatic with manual mode and paddle shifters; Driver modes includes engine mapping, stability control and traction control

5) Design wheel, Diamond Cut, forged (19" front and 20" rear) with Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tyres - $2,950
Front alloy wheels: 19", rear alloy wheels: 20"; Front tires 235/35/, rear tires 275/30/

6) Reversing camera - $550
Rear camera parking distance sensors; Requires: [69] Tech Pack

7) Heated Front Seats - $550
Driver seat, Front passenger seat and heated

8) Starshield (PIO) - 995

9) Metallic Paint - $1,200
Metallic paint

10) MAYBE: Power-Fold Door Mirrors - $475
Heated driver and passenger power door mirrors

All in all a somewhere around $16,425 in options + $67,600 base ... this already get you to a list price of $84,020 ...

The real deciding factor for me was the IPS (wifey wants to drive) and it has about 1.5 years of factory warranty.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If you can get a picture of the driver door switches it is easy to see if it has it. If not, 40 bucks and a trip to eBay.co.uk solves that problem :)

Appears to have every other option

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
It's also got the updated Alpine unit. Congrats!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
What is up with "seacret" on the back?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yes, check out the thread about the powerfolding mirrors if you want to add them. I ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. It is like they have to ship it across an ocean or something.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
It's also got the updated Alpine unit. Congrats!
This car is six build units after mine with SN 0161, unit is the Pioneer and confirmed in photos, as are the 19/20 in wheels. Heated seats came as part of the Premium Pack option. hard to make out detail on photo of driver door showing the mirror switch but it does not look to be the folding version. Sport pack was 1400 on 6-spds and 1000 on ISP's total w/o mirrors comes to 15095 MSRP options.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts