1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
:up:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmm, I am not sure I agree with some of the comments made by the Esprit owner they had in the video. "The reason most people buy a Lotus Esprit for the way it looks, the sharp angular design, the very Ferrari like looks, the italian styling. Not really for the performance. The performance is just a bonus." It sounds like this is something you might tell your insurance agent. "No, I'm not buying it because of the performance. I buying it because of the good looks." Also sounds like that old line about buying Playboy for the articles. :)

Later he goes on to tell about how all the G-car owners feel the Stevens restyle has ruined things and how all the Stevens owners feel the G-cars are too dated and old fashioned.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hmm, I am not sure I agree with some of the comments made by the Esprit owner they had in the video. "The reason most people buy a Lotus Esprit for the way it looks, the sharp angular design, the very Ferrari like looks, the italian styling. Not really for the performance. The performance is just a bonus." It sounds like this is something you might tell your insurance agent. "No, I'm not buying it because of the performance. I buying it because of the good looks." Also sounds like that old line about buying Playboy for the articles. :)

Later he goes on to tell about how all the G-car owners feel the Stevens restyle has ruined things and how all the Stevens owners feel the G-cars are too dated and old fashioned.
Wel, maybe so. But arent looks what attract us to just about any sports or exotic, initially? We know the performance will be there but first impressions are what stoke the fire. I remember the first time I saw an Esprit on the road. Something happened - I was a little kid at the time but I HAD to have one. It was rolling art: The low roof, the width, the crazy windshield rake, and how it looked like a space ship next to all the mundane cars around it. :drool: Its similar in some repsects to a female - when you first notice them its very likely because shes pretty. She catches your eye. ;)

The Ferrari 308 had the same effect on me. The swoopy, sexy lines and melodic note from that engine. Focking amazing! :bow:

I do agree about the G-Car/Stevens thing. I never knew there was a secret battle between the two groups. I prefer the G-car styling but I have no animosity towards the Stevens cars. They are still Esprits and who knows, maybe they did need a freshining up at the time? They sold a bunch(realtively) of those models so people liked them. I dont care for the "winged" cars as much. The S4 is great except for that little wing and the V8 wing doesnt work, IMO. But, the lines have stayed the same and its STILL a jawdropping design to this day and make most other cars look boring.

Great video, too. Lotus has such an interesting history. Its great watching and reading things about them. Thanks for posting!!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts