The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys are tired of all the hype about the new Skyline GTR, but I have to share this.

This past Wednesday, I took my CRX out to the Sacramento raceway. I got a few runs in and then I noticed a huge crowd in the back of the lanes. So I head over there and voilà, this is parked in one of the lanes.

The guy pulled up to the line, his reaction time was 6.6 seconds :)shrug: I think he fell asleep).. ran an 11.8..

My CRX ran 15.211 @ 91.7mph, then [email protected] , then [email protected], then [email protected] Im thinking with a better launch I can get it down to 14.5-14.6

Mods, I wasnt sure if this belongs here or the track section..

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I heard about this on another forum. The super fast reaction time was due to him trying to engage the launch control while staging. Guess he had some problems with it.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally thought he could of had a better launch. Just didnt look good at all. Both of the times he ran

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, 11.8sec, very impressive. Especially for a 3800lb car with ~480HP (yah right).

What was his trap speed?

Edit: Okay I just read the article at Edmunds and noticed the trap speed. Do you guys think the production car will be slightly faster?

·
Registered
46 Posts
ive seen widely varying trap speeds for this car, from 116 to 126. Perhaps nissan had a little extra power added to the press car.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a lot depends on the launch. Last time my CRX was trapping 94.. now its about 91

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The car is an automagic and has more driver aids than you can shake a stick at. How freaking hard is it to go in a straight line with it?

LOL! 6.6 r/t = pwnt by too much ReNissan nannytech.

Give control back to the humans :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I will piggyback on this thread since we have so many GT-R threads. :) ChaseCam is supplying the video equipment for the GT-R being used on the track this week at Fernley at Reno, and also for a track back in Japan. Footage to be aired on various TV shows.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Finally a weakness in the near-invincible GTR performance numbers... 70-0mph took 145' to brake? I guess all the driver aids in the world can't overcome the physics of stopping such a heavy car. My guess is that tire and brake wear will be another negative factor.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Finally a weakness in the near-invincible GTR performance numbers... 70-0mph took 145' to brake? I guess all the driver aids in the world can't overcome the physics of stopping such a heavy car. My guess is that tire and brake wear will be another negative factor.
Not really. The 2007 Elise tested by Car & Driver took 162' to stop.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Not really. The 2007 Elise tested by Car & Driver took 162' to stop.
I've seen a wide range of stopping figures on our stock cars, but generally they're higher than the GTR. However, with better pads our car should easily outbrake the GTR. I wonder if better brakes will have as much of an impact on heavier cars? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I've seen a wide range of stopping figures on our stock cars, but generally they're higher than the GTR. However, with better pads our car should easily outbrake the GTR. I wonder if better brakes will have as much of an impact on heavier cars? :shrug:
The brakes aren't the limiting factor in stopping distance. It's the tires, and to some degree the bias. But as long as you can lock up the tires (and just about every car can) you're getting all there is gonna be.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yep. Tires + weight and bias.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Wow. This thread has turned out to be a remarkably civil discussion about the GT-R. Where are all the whiney little women who like to tak about how it's not a pretty car and it's nothing but a rice rocket? :thwack:

Just to stir things up a little bit: is the GT-R an exotic in your opinion? Low production numbers, supercar performance, etc. Or is the only thing that makes an exotic an exotic a price tag of over half a million dollars and the make of the car?

This should start a good pissing contest. :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts