The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 6 point OMG harness I was going to install in my FF but that project has been put on hold for a while. So rather than have these belts just sit around (they have never been used) and get old I am considering putting them in my Elise. Based on the reading I have done, it appears I may be safer using this as a 4 point harness in the car rather than a 6 point unless I get a new seat to go with the new harness bar I need to install. However it appears that the 3 point stock belt may even be safer than a 4 point installed unless I also get a Hans or similar device at the same time.

Am I getting the gist of the threads?

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Jeff, I am a bit consufed.
does FF refer to formula ford?
If so, those belts wont work in a sedan, the crotch strap is a different set up.
dont use this harness as a 4 point set up either, unless they are ASM(whicxh they are likely not).
4 point non ASM is the worst set up you can have.....stick with the stock 3 point, and a CG lock over 4 point non ASM.

if this is for tracking, do it right.
get a new proper racing seat, DO NOT USE THE SECTOR 111 SEAT CUT OUT GROMMETS.
I would not want to use any harness w/o a HANS device, but thats just my opinion(s).
base your system around your choice of H+N restraint, and build the rest of the components around that choice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I had not actually looked at the belts too closely yet, but yes FF is formula ford.

Looks like the CG lock for now until I figure out a seat/harness/belt set up best suited to me for the track. Still fun, I'll just move around in the car a little more for the next couple track days.

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.