The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to order the HID headlight kit from ddm tuning and it seems the link for the ones the recommend for the Elise is dead. Does anyone have an alternates link for em?

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Try asking DDM what's up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't go with DDM. They don't honor their warranty and the quality is not good. I had better luck with TheRetrofitSource.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Yea, DDM has terrible quality and I had so much issues with it within a year. I tossed them as I was fiddling with it so much having to take off and on my fender liner. I ended up going with LEDs for my low beams. Looks better and brighter but doesn't light as far down the road as stock.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I bought two sets of these (one as a backup) since they were so cheap when they first came out. I ended up never even installing them due to all the issues folks were reporting after running with them for awhile.

I would look elsewhere. Waves hand.....These are not the HIDs you are looking for.

Reactions: glb

·
Registered
277 Posts
My car came with some gen 1 aftermarket HID bulbs and they weren't bad by any means but I hated the color. So I tried the DDM LED kit and I'm not going back. The color is so much better, zero warm up time, zero flicker or shaking (maybe just my car but when i would hit a bump, the bulbs looked like there were shaking) and they put out even more light.

All the LED bulbs I've had before looked good but did not put light down the road, esp compared to HIDs. The DDM LED bulbs easily equal the HIDs. They take a bit to set up as they turn 360 degs in the headlights but I found a position that put a nice bit of light down the road. Don't get me wront tho, they put down about half of what my 17 Audi A4 with OEM LED headlights produce but still better than the HIDs, which is amazing.

I live 30 mins away from DDM and I tried every one of their HID bulbs in my old car. I hated the 6K, 5500 were too blue, and 4500/4300 looked like normal halogen bulbs. Their LED bulbs hit the sweet spot for me, esp since they work now.

Ken

·
purveyor of lightness
4,150 Posts
I've been thinking lately of replacing the main headlight projector assemblies with these:

The lens might be a few millimeters larger that the headlight cover aperture but that's what a Dremel is for ;)

·
purveyor of lightness
4,150 Posts
I've been thinking lately of replacing the main headlight projector assemblies with these:

The lens might be a few millimeters larger that the headlight cover aperture but that's what a Dremel is for ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
My car came with some gen 1 aftermarket HID bulbs and they weren't bad by any means but I hated the color. So I tried the DDM LED kit and I'm not going back. The color is so much better, zero warm up time, zero flicker or shaking (maybe just my car but when i would hit a bump, the bulbs looked like there were shaking) and they put out even more light.

All the LED bulbs I've had before looked good but did not put light down the road, esp compared to HIDs. The DDM LED bulbs easily equal the HIDs. They take a bit to set up as they turn 360 degs in the headlights but I found a position that put a nice bit of light down the road. Don't get me wront tho, they put down about half of what my 17 Audi A4 with OEM LED headlights produce but still better than the HIDs, which is amazing.

I live 30 mins away from DDM and I tried every one of their HID bulbs in my old car. I hated the 6K, 5500 were too blue, and 4500/4300 looked like normal halogen bulbs. Their LED bulbs hit the sweet spot for me, esp since they work now.

Ken
Which LED bulbs did you go with, the 50W Saber Pro 6000K?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah Saber 50W pro 6k.

On a side note, I hated the DDM 6k Ultra HID bulbs so much. Way too blue, so i was kinda nervous getting the LED 6K but that is all they offer and I think the color is near perfect. With the fan, its kinda a tight fit but so far I haven't had any problems.

I just noticed they now have 55w Pro-x bulbs but no H1 bulbs style...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts