The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..I am having fun... another little item in the engine bay that caught my eye...no big deal but every time I opened the boot cover there they were...two white lines around boot hinges.. so take a look and with a permanent black magic marker you get this>>

Yea I am anal...little things can make a diff :D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Stop fiddling with the car and drive it. :D You'll see less of me on the board once I get mine. I know some will rejoice after that statement :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did my early morning driving today and>>>

LN is now out cruising in the Elise...quality time with the car :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Talking anal,
I painted the carpet holddowns in black wrinkle finish, blends into the carpet now.
Chris

·
Registered
538 Posts
huggy bear said:
Stop fiddling with the car and drive it. :D
With us it seems to work like this: Take turns driving ... Fiddle with car ... Post on forum ... Take turns driving ... Fiddle with car ... Post on forum ...

You get the idea. ;) It's become an obsession. And we've got another day off tomorrow to play, too! :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
LNZ_YELO said:
With us it seems to work like this: Take turns driving ... Fiddle with car ... Post on forum ... Take turns driving ... Fiddle with car ... Post on forum ...

You get the idea. ;) It's become an obsession. And we've got another day off tomorrow to play, too! :D
Where are you located? I'm in Springfield, VA.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are in Reston>>>

we just a stones throw apart...need to get together along with Sean...also maybe have those come by that are waiting for their Elises...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Michael:

Thanks for these and the other pictures. Keep it coming!

A coworker said he spotted a yellow Elise on the Reston Parkway a few days ago. Said the driver had a grin on his face from ear to ear. I thought to myself, I've never met that guy, but I think I know him....

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Re: We are in Reston>>>

YELOTUS said:
we just a stones throw apart...need to get together along with Sean...also maybe have those come by that are waiting for their Elises...
Love to see you and your ride sometime (also in Reston).

ed

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Hey I did the same thing with a permanent marker...I also put some flat black paint in the yellow portions of the car that are visible at the edge of the carpet near the wall of the trunk up against the motor. That way the imperfect carpet fit looks visually perfect. I also have now placed a self adhesive Lotus green/yellow badge on the alloy oil filler cap visible in some of my earlier PICs. It's a 3D badge intended for use on shift knobs. There are lots of little things like this you can do with little effort if you love the car.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yelo Lotus on FC Parkway...that be me>>

lotus1 said:
Michael:

Thanks for these and the other pictures. Keep it coming!

A coworker said he spotted a yellow Elise on the Reston Parkway a few days ago. Said the driver had a grin on his face from ear to ear. I thought to myself, I've never met that guy, but I think I know him....
Grins and smiles the whole time...being behind the wheel of this car is such a hoot :D

Lotus1, pinM, & Ed...just say the word and we can have a Elise GTG in a split...always like seeing fellow car enthusiats..particularly ones with and Elise in hand or coming...
Michael

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I just got back from dinner at Paolo's in Reston, about 20 minutes ago!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Re: Yelo Lotus on FC Parkway...that be me>>

YELOTUS said:

Lotus1, pinM, & Ed...just say the word and we can have a Elise GTG in a split...always like seeing fellow car enthusiats..particularly ones with and Elise in hand or coming...
Michael
I'll be around tomorrow. And I think next weekend is pretty much free (daytimes).

·
Registered
538 Posts
There's no going incognito in this car! Especially in yellow. ;) A couple at our next door neighbor's this afternoon said they saw a yellow Elise on Wiehle Avenue earlier. That had to have been me as there aren't many yellow Elises around, at this point anyway, and I just happened to be on Wiehle ... I'll have to watch my driving. ;)

We're around tomorrow and next weekend as well (well, I'm around until next Sunday when I have to fly out to Denver and Albuquerque, but Michael is around after that). We'll have to see what we can do about getting together soon. Michael is usually up super early and I'll make sure he sees the latest on this thread tomorrow morning. It's cool that there are so many of us in this area!

Ellen

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Tomorrow afternoon if there's no rain?

To avoid a mob, how about 1pm at Aldrin Elementary School? (Wiehle and Center Harbor.)

ed

·
Registered
538 Posts
That would work for us (or even just coming to the house as we're probably just 1/4 mile from the school). I just sent a PM and we can follow up in the a.m.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
YELOTUS said:
Hey..I am having fun... another little item in the engine bay that caught my eye...no big deal but every time I opened the boot cover there they were...two white lines around boot hinges.. so take a look and with a permanent black magic marker you get this>>

Yea I am anal...little things can make a diff :D
Lol.
That is what I do. Keep it up and I can live Vicariously thru you until I get mine.
m.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reston get-together photos?

trying to live vicariously... too bad I was outta town last weekend. (and this coming weekend as well)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts