1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
No excuse but if that reporter was not doing a story there the guy in the red car may have paid more attention to his driving...

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
HOLY SH*T!!! wow, what a hit! damn i hope the guy is OK. Definitely his fault, though.

·
Registered
788 Posts
:eek: Crazy video.. the red car is at fault no doubt, but the Van that crossed the street blocked the red cars view of the pickup truck coming right at him. ..yikes totaly insane. That setup where there is a cross street with a fast no stop 2 lane highway is always a spooky one common around here; bottom line the driver merging has to be cautious and LOOK Both ways.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bet the driver of the red car made the (incorrect) assumption that if a van were turning left down his street, that the coast must be clear and he could turn also. Ouch. I agree... maybe the news crew was a bit of a distraction, but the news van was far off the shoulder and didn't obstruct the view of the intersection.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't think either the White Van or the Red Car were turning, they were going straight acrosss the intersection. The White Van blocked the Red Cars line of vision for a moment and the Red Car decided to go anyways, even though he couldn't see down the road.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I also wonder about the signs on the corner possibly blocking the red cars visibility to the left. Still his fault and he was the pilot in command.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts