The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from Curt at Ascot.............

Asking me for my order!! Hell...........I don't even know what I want!!...wasn't expecting the call for a while!! I was #71 or #72 on his list.
Said he has had a lot of people drop off!!

Will be placing my order tomorrow!! Still undecided...........can anyone help??

What a Birthday/Christmas present!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If I had to order again, I think I'd go for a GG base + hard top. Too late for me, but it seems that you can beat the LSS with aftermarket parts. When I ordered I couldn't bring myself to pay $1200 for paint, but hey, with the $2.5k "savings"* from the LSS, it seems cheap. :)

* Yes I know I would spend that $2.5k on shocks and wheels, but if there was ever a place for fuzzy math, cars are it. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
One thing I have noticed about the Elise is that it really does not matter what color it is. I have yet to see a color I do not like. This is coming from a guy who has never had anything but Black cars. You might want to skip the Sports package since as you know the roads in the 'burgh are not the best. I have already hit some potholes that made the car feel like it was going to self destruct. Also consider that the tires on the sport are not good for the type of climate we live in.(cold, grey, rain, snow and more grey) Get black with a big yellow stripe and put a Steeler logo on it and you will be a legend if you take the car to a game.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
plesset said:
One thing I have noticed about the Elise is that it really does not matter what color it is.
I tend to lust after whichever color I'm looking at, well all except AB. :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Ha - the Steeler's Elise. That would be great.

The purple has been growing on me. I'm a CO person myself but it's becoming common. GG was the original car I ordered and I LOVE that color. Storm Ti is great and Ascot has one now if you want to see it in person.

The darker colors look awesome on the Elise, it hides the crap plastic bits. Brighter colors are fun becuse they are so damn loud.

So: CO, AP, GG or ST.

No sports pack if you are really serious about tracking it. You can buy a better aftermarket setup. If you want to Autocross it then the sports pack is the way to go to stay stock legal.

Forget any other options, they only add weight.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I tend to lust after whichever color I'm looking at, well all except AB.
Seriously, you could get the car in Pink and let all your friends vomit on it and it would still be one of the better looking cars on the road. Check out what LotusFury said, they have a Storm Ti at Ascot. The only issue is that it has the sports package and I am not sure about the hardtop.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'd strongly recommend the :

1. Star Shield. It has a 5 year warranty against bubbling and will save your fiber glass.

2. Touring package is nice. Extra sound deading and power windows are a plus. The extra inch of carpeting is a nice touch. Radio's still crap.

3. Hard Top is a nice addition and changes the profile of the car. It's also carpeted and looks like its a true fixed roof. You don't see the Allen screws because there a removable patch of carpet that covers them.

Conditional:
Sport Package is nice IF you are going be be driving on smooth roads or heavy auto-crosser. If you're roads are not flawless, you should probably pass.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
EliseCat said:
Said he has had a lot of people drop off!!
Silver Star still has those 2 Elises for sale. They've been there for 3 weeks. I guess no one is willing to pay 10k over?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!!

I'll pass on the Steeler Elise.....good idea though!! I'm sure it would look even better with a license plate that says "BUS 1" or something like that.

I'm not too fond of the ST.....that is the one I drove, Ascot's 1st "demo"
CO....too much to pay for paint.

I am leaning towards the Ardent Red, Silver or BRG.
Hardtop......definitely.
SportPack....Undecided
No Touring pack for me.

I would love to track the car......no Autocross...so you guys say to forego the SportPack and do it yourself?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
If you're SERIOUS about tracking the car go aftermarket. Most are adjustable so you can dial it in on the track and back it off some for the street. If you aren't going to be serious about tracking the car then the stock setup is best. The advantage of LSS is that it is a factory setup, and this is the one factory that really knows how to set the car up. Aftermarket setups might not be 100% of the LSS, you might have to do a lot of tweaking to get it to be just right.

BRG would be the best of those three choices. I have silver cars - every other car out there is silver.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bboersma said:
Did they give an estimate of when it would be delivered? Or how long it typically takes from order to delivery?
Curt said May.

Others....correct me here if I am wrong but this sounds about right. Of course things do come up at the factory, etc. but I believe 5 or 6 months is about right.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
plesset said:
I am against the BRG if you live within 25 miles of Shadyside :)
I hope you're joking!!!

I actually live within 3 miles of Shadyside!!!:) :eek:

OK then guys............BRG, Ardent Red....I think those are the choices.........What do you think??

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Lotus Fury said:

No sports pack if you are really serious about tracking it. You can buy a better aftermarket setup. If you want to Autocross it then the sports pack is the way to go to stay stock legal.

Forget any other options, they only add weight.
Actually, for the best SCCA SS setup, I'd skip the LSS. Get the LSS springs, but put in aftermarket shocks, as they are open in stock. You'll want the aftermarket wheels and tires to save weight and add stickiness anyway. That said, I'm not unhappy with my LSS setup, because I can probably wait a year before I go whole hog and do the shocks anyway.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
How much can you do and stay stock? I am never sure what I am allowed to do or not. The only two things I knew were rims as long as they are stock size and cat back exhaust. I'm not overly experienced with Autox. That should change this spring. :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
EliseCat said:
I hope you're joking!!!

I actually live within 3 miles of Shadyside!!!:) :eek:

OK then guys............BRG, Ardent Red....I think those are the choices.........What do you think??
Hey.....what's the big deal? I used to live in shadyside!.........34 yrs ago! :cool: Has it changed......or have I????? :confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got a call last night. :clap:

I was so excited I found it hard to fall asleep.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts