The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Nope nothing. This time, like the first time it read the ecu type and vin correctly. Went through the flash sequence twice and it still says comms errror.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I'm not sure why you guys arent getting the 3 files most of us have got? I would tell him you want them. Then when you get I would go back to stock and reload tune just make sure you have

·
Loves to talk
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
^Good idea. I'll ask them for all three files tonight. I'll be watching with utmost interest and want to hear how this turned out, but it sounds like you're in business? I have a stake here, after all. And, just asking for a friend, I'd appreciate it if you detail the key strokes...pretty please?

JJM: Assume you have the super powers now? My computer arrives tomorrow AM.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
So... long story short, I have absolutely no idea what I did different the 7th time from the first. Follow the directions, and take your time unplugging the obd2 reader at the end I guess?
As for initial thoughts, a quick test drive is a solid meh. Car feels the same. Will go out later for a highway cruise where I imagine the power will be (hopefully) more noticeable. A 10%ish bump isn’t much, so I’m not expecting it to suddenly breath fire. But a seat of the pants difference would be appreciated. Felt torquier? Maybe placebo effect.

·
Loves to talk
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Dumb question but I have to ask: Any chance the program didn't stick?

We'll see how it goes for me tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I think torque is the easier thing to feel as that is what I felt right away

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would say the easiest way I noticed the flash was different was how differently the revs blipped up on heel and toe-ing. When I have gone back to OE tune, the engine feels like someone swapped the engine oil for molasses.

Redsled - agree, the mid range torque is noticeable, although the top end rip is pretty good, too!

·
Registered
275 Posts
So... long story short, I have absolutely no idea what I did different the 7th time from the first. Follow the directions, and take your time unplugging the obd2 reader at the end I guess?
As for initial thoughts, a quick test drive is a solid meh. Car feels the same. Will go out later for a highway cruise where I imagine the power will be (hopefully) more noticeable. A 10%ish bump isn’t much, so I’m not expecting it to suddenly breath fire. But a seat of the pants difference would be appreciated. Felt torquier? Maybe placebo effect.
You should absolutely immediately feel the torque bump on the butt dyno. I would verify on the dyno to make sure you actually did pick up the stated power increase.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
The tq is there. I gotta go for a proper drive. Didn’t get the opportunity tonight.
Seasons winding down, need to get out for a drive soon. I think Benvie is planning a Cape Run, hope you can get free for it

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ok now that I’ve had time to get on it, I take back everything I said. It’s clearly faster. Tq is super noticeable and found myself carrying more speed in gear than I remember. Do they do anything with the throttle mapping? It feels smoother. Worth the cost and wait to get it right.

·
Loves to talk
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Hit my first snag. I can't find the page to download the obd software to the new computer. I get the usual opening page with no visible links to the software, See below, looks nothing like where I am supposed to be.

I am feeling stupid or frustrated or both! Any hints?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Do you have the printed instructions? I feel like that’s where I found the address to download the software. Of course, now I can’t find my copy

·
Loves to talk
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
I do. It's just komo-tec.com. I'll root around in the instructions but they say it's on the home page, but the page (above) doesn't show the links.

181 - 200 of 240 Posts