The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 242 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Did you get it resolve? I think you might have missed a step along the way. I thought my ecu was toasted after installing the tune. Turned out that there were a specific in the instruction that applies for only for the evora 400.
I did mine and had no problem at all and helped Matt (jjm4life) do his following same procedures. The error message he got and then Lotusquacious received same seems to be some security issue. Both me and Bruce (nosirrahx) have 2018's, Matt and Lotusquacious have 2017's, could that be an issue? Or could it be as simple as since they ordered same time they each got the others tune so that is why it's not matching ECU? And Bruce I'm trying to remember when you did yours, didnt you have to send your ECU to Komotec for the 465 tune?

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
As per Sascha, I'm told my ECU is not one they have programmed previously. He says they are working on it and I might have the file within a week or so. I'm curious to know what's different about mine than other ECUs (programming/architecture?) but I am standing by for more news and hopefully a working file. Coupled with the inability to get a representative result from my first run on the dynamometer, the delay has thrown the idea of before/after data into a bit of confusion since at this point I just want to install the flash and get on with it. I can do a post flash pull on a different dyno so I should have some idea of how it's performing once it's in but the differences probably won't be recorded as I had first hoped.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I got my new file in yesterday, but I don’t have my car back from the dealer yet so I can’t attempt to load it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As per Sascha, I'm told my ECU is not one they have programmed previously. He says they are working on it and I might have the file within a week or so. I'm curious to know what's different about mine than other ECUs (programming/architecture?) but I am standing by for more news and hopefully a working file. Coupled with the inability to get a representative result from my first run on the dynamometer, the delay has thrown the idea of before/after data into a bit of confusion since at this point I just want to install the flash and get on with it. I can do a post flash pull on a different dyno so I should have some idea of how it's performing once it's in but the differences probably won't be recorded as I had first hoped.
Sounds similar to my experience with my 2015 C7 Z51 Vette back in 2014. Diablo tune had a dealer undetectable modest tune but my ecu was first type they had got. there are different versions so I had to send them a ecu log and they had to create a tune compatible for ecu type based off my car. The results were same ecu wouldn't program just gave an error but 2 weeks later I got the tune and worked like a charm so that makes sense and makes me feel a little better about ordering a tune once I see the results from you two.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Going to install the tune today, just waiting for the laptop to charge.
for those of you who did this at home, did you have your car on a trickle charger during the process? How long did it take to load the tune?

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
And I ordered the world's second cheapest used PC for my install. I should have it tonight or tomorrow. It looks like jjm and I are surfing the same wave. We should both soon reach the shore more or less about the same time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very exciting, guys! I left my car hooked up to the battery tender. It actually doesnt take too long to install the flash (less time than some AccessPort style cars). Maybe 5 minutes? The car will make some crazy space ship noises so just be prepared.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Dash is reading “comms error” and when I went to reload it again, it couldn’t determine the type of ecu I have. There are three to choose from and I obviously don’t know which it is

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Take a deep breath. Mine did the same. I cant remember which one to select but you can google it and get it done hopefully.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Take a deep breath. Mine did the same. I cant remember which one to select but you can google it and get it done hopefully.
haha im about as calm as i can be. where did you find the info on which ecu to choose? what else am i missing

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
So looking at it some more.. my ecu screenshot i. Sent has a t6e ecu, which is an option in that drop down. But below it says usb codes to a t4

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish I could say for certain but I feel like I did select one of the T4 configurations. I'm sorry I am nowhere near my car or laptop.

161 - 180 of 242 Posts