The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pg 74 - Motor Trend - April, 2004:
Lotus Elise - Look Who's Coming To Town
Whats up: After years of tantalizing other markets with its superb relexes, the Elise
finally makes its way to our shores. While
its 190hp, 1.8 Liter Toyota 'Four' may not seem impressive, remember the car weighs 1,975 lbs.. The Elise boasts a near 150 mph top speed, gives 0-60 in
less than 5 seconds, and is sure to handle. Sounds good for its $39,985 MSRP.
Downside: Tricky entrance and egress
Don't Miss: Even though its body and chassis are crafted of lightweight materials, the Elise is strong enough to meet all U.S. crash standards.
Bottom Line: It'l be on sale in May, just as the last esprits are sold. Because Lotus plans to sell only 2,000 - 2,400 cars per year here, don't be surprised if it's hard to find one to buy, let alone test drive.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I wouldn't trust MT as a reliable source for the delivery dates, they've been wrong before. This includes the listing of non-existant models in their new car buyers guide issue.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sonza68 said:
I wouldn't trust MT as a reliable source for the delivery dates, they've been wrong before. This includes the listing of non-existant models in their new car buyers guide issue.
Many of us grasp for any straws of positiveness
that we can. It lessens the need for our daily anxiety medications.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hold on...let me reach for the gas can and box of matches. I have also heard that we will see our first batch of cars in May...don't hold your breath though:D

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
At this point, if its the end of may or the beginning of June, no matter. We're in the homestretch and to me thats what counts. :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well I said this 2 weeks ago, my dealership mentioned May and they had never mentioned a time before. That is what my countdown is based from below.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
I hope and pray that Lotus goes by the mantra of "Underpromise...over deliver...underpromise...over deliver..."
Somehow I don't think they do. May sounds great, those of us in later batches would greatly benefit from first hand data by everyday drivers in stead of magazines. However, Lotus has been trying to get this car here for years. I actually called the dealer in Denver back in late 90's wondering about getting on the wait list because the car was "a couple of years away"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts