The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.... I'm considering the purchase of a used Evora. IT would appear that with my budget of mid 50's that I'm going to be getting into a NA model which is ok for now. I read all the SC and Turbo posts and could easily wait and see how all that turns out. So, here are my questions.

1. I'm just shy of 6'4" Believe it or not I do fit into my 72 Pantera with a drop pan and drive long distances. Would like to hear about some of you tall folks as well. Does the console dig into your right calf? My

2. I also read the list of known issues. Shazammmm that's some list. When exactly did Lotus address these. I read that after June 2010 many issues were fixed. Any truth to this?

3. Hitting Hemmings, E- Bay and just google searching. Is there another spot to check for used Evora's?

4. What's the difference between the 2+0 and the 2+2 (I mean I understand the 2+2 has the rear seats but what's the 2+0 got in it's place? Is the car shorter????

There are several things that entice me. Like the PAntera with the Ford engine, this Toyota engine/power-plant is tried and true. Mid engine and your ass mere inches from the pavement. What's not to like about this beautiful car. The NA will take some getting used to with the Pantera at 500HP but then again, my old 356 could fly into corners better than almost any car I have owned. Believe me I understand what a well tuned suspension / chassie can do. Half the fun is the chase and I can't wait to find something.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
2+0 just has a shelf and cargo net instead of a seat.

Searching those places, here, and asking any dealer to check the network for you.

Most 2010 issues were fixed in 2011, most 2011 issues that persisted should be done in 2012. No idea if the 2012's have any at all.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Folks like you represent the future of Lotus.

I've had an awesome experience owning Lotus cars. Hope you do too. Happy hunting.

There might be one out there looking for you right now...

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you look at the silhouette of the original Pantera . . . I can kinda see a resemblance to the Evora. Maybe (surely) I'm crazy . . .

In any case, I like your taste in cars. I hope you decide the join the club.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As for fitting, I've been lucky enough to drive a few evoras, I'm the same height as you and had plenty of room with no issues, I want to say I even had the seat set one click from fully back.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I forgot to mention room - I had a 6'6" person in my car this weekend at the corvette show I dropped by. He fit with plenty of headroom to go over railroad tracks without worry :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts