The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've been researching for a way to mount my V1 in the Elise. I have a V1 in each of my other vehicles as well. They all have a long stalk behind the rearview mirror, I just used a Blendmount.
In the Elise, the rearview mirror has no stalk. Some people put their V1 behind them, mounted on a bracket, then screwed into where the interior light switch is, between the 2 seats.
I want the V1 to be in front of me.

I bought this metal bar from eBay
The eBay photo shows the bar stuck to the windshield.
That didn't work for me because the body of the V1 keeps touching the windshield and preventing the bar from making a solid contact with the windshield.

The metal bar is screwed into the clip that comes with the V1. I then placed Gorilla 2-sided tape on the metal bar, and stick it to the sun visor.
As we all know, the visor is useless for what it's called, now I've found a purpose for it.
For power I used the Savyy, it plugs into the OBD-II port.

I also have a dash cam, mounted to the windshield with 2-sided tape. The mount is sold by the dash cam manufacturer. I don't know what tape they use, but it's rock solid, in all kinds of weather.

Hope this is beneficial to someone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how did you run the wires to do this? in my other cars i was able to sneak it inbetween winshield and interior trim but i dont know if that is really possible in the elise

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Am I seeing the wires running across the hardtop above? Maybe not, I am not sure. Looks good up there, I run mine on the dash - wires hidden behind the trim.

Edit: oh sorry thats one of the bars for the softtop, disregard this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am I seeing the wires running across the hardtop above? Maybe not, I am not sure. Looks good up there, I run mine on the dash - wires hidden behind the trim.

Edit: oh sorry thats one of the bars for the softtop, disregard this!
do you mind sending me pics or tips on how to run them behind the dash?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You can use an "Add A Circuit", basically it replaces an existing fuse with a same rated fuse but also with a built-in circuit from the fuse ready for you. If I remember there is a 4 fuse block under the dash.

Check out this thread for under dash power:

I found my "add a circuit" at a neighborhood autozone.

Reactions: sgrady1987

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
337 Posts
I have a dashcam mounted high and radar detector mounted low. The wires are tucked in between the windscreen and frame (up high) and between the windscreen and dash (low) , I then tucked 1/4 in round foam to hold it all in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts