The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Official announcement here.)

Our first ever sports car track day at Pacific Grand Prix on July 7 was a great success, so we're doing it again. We've reserved the track again, this time for the day of Tuesday, July 21. We need to get people signed up and start collecting money so we can pay the rest of the track rental fee. We're all sharing the track rental equally, 25 ways, about $100 each.

This is a casual for-fun sports car drive around the new Pacific Grand Prix full-course circuit as seen in my videos. That's right, we're driving our Elises and NSXes and Boxsters around a giant, freshly paved go-kart track. 2nd gear all the way around (maybe 3rd in a couple of spots) and it's a blast.

This is not a race or competition of any kind, and since it's a fairly tight track (built for motorcycles and go-karts) we will not allow any passing. We'll only run a few cars (3-5) at a time in groups of similar speed and space them out so there won't be any traffic jams. We expect well over an hour of track time for each driver throughout the course of the day. We'll all take turns on flag and radio duty to keep things under control ... this is a grownups only thing, no hotdoggers or drifters please.

The cost is $105 per driver this time. Sign up here to reserve your spot. Please include your full name in the comments, along with the email address you prefer to use for confirmation/updates.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i,m in:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Hex, Can I drive My evo X instead of Elise? I saw Ferrand's pic and It seems fun. He said u are the fastest, is that right?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Hex, Can I drive My evo X instead of Elise? I saw Ferrand's pic and It seems fun. He said u are the fastest, is that right?
Should be fine. I've seen some Evos going scary fast in the canyons. It's a 4WD turbo, right?

We had a variety of cars last time, and are expecting even more variety this time. Maybe even some Ferraris.

I'm pretty damn far from the fastest. I was fourth- or fifth-fastest among the six Lotuses. I was working my ass off in those videos trying to keep up with an Elise on street tires....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Should be fine. I've seen some Evos going scary fast in the canyons. It's a 4WD turbo, right?

We had a variety of cars last time, and are expecting even more variety this time. Maybe even some Ferraris.

I'm pretty damn far from the fastest. I was fourth- or fifth-fastest among the six Lotuses. I was working my ass off in those videos trying to keep up with an Elise on street tires....
I agree, that Elise really is fast, given the fact that it does not have the supercharger or the sport package. There were six Lotuses? Why do I only remember five? Whatever, you always have me behind you... far behind :wallbang:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, that Elise really is fast, given the fact that it does not have the supercharger or the sport package. There were six Lotuses? Why do I only remember five? Whatever, you always have me behind you... far behind :wallbang:
Red and black Exiges; red, green, blue, and silver Elises.

With my new tires, alignment, and steering rack maybe I'll be able to keep up next week!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Registration is now closed, we don't have room for any more.

We'll be doing this again in August sometime, still on a Tuesday because that's when the track is available to us.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Who snatched those wheels and tires from PP??? Was that You Chris? Or the guy in blue Elise?
I saw that busted steering rack of yours at PP..not a pretty picture...
BTW..do You know that You used to own my car before You crashed it...:huh::crazyeyes
now it's mine:D:D

It 's gonna be 82*F on Tuesday...so get ready people:nanner:
Do we have enough people to have that free lunch??:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Who snatched those wheels and tires from PP??? Was that You Chris? Or the guy in blue Elise?
I ordered a set from TireRack, hopefully to be installed along with some negative camber on Monday.

I saw that busted steering rack of yours at PP..not a pretty picture...
The bill is even uglier. Insurance Co wants impossible "proof" that it happened back in '07 before they'll pay.

BTW..do You know that You used to own my car before You crashed it...:huh::crazyeyes
now it's mine:D:D
Ahhh... OK...?

Do we have enough people to have that free lunch??:D
Sure, if we can figure out how to slice one pizza 25 ways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts