The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thing we are forgetting here is that by adding the US AND delaying the car's release, they are getting the benefit of any quarterly component price reductions. The cars get cheaper to make every quarter as they get volume and time price reductions. Manufacturers ALWAYs ask for a roadmap to lower prices further out in time. In addition, adding an extra shift reduces cost by leveraging economies of scale. I.E. more cars for the same depreciation of capital, rent, HR payroll etc. This is just bullshit. They should have said that the price is the same for all the people on the list as off Sept 1st AND to guarantee those prices, the deposits must be non-refundable. Instead they were assholes.

·
Registered
758 Posts
fzust said:
The other thing we are forgetting here is that by adding the US AND delaying the car's release, they are getting the benefit of any quarterly component price reductions. The cars get cheaper to make every quarter as they get volume and time price reductions. Manufacturers ALWAYs ask for a roadmap to lower prices further out in time. In addition, adding an extra shift reduces cost by leveraging economies of scale. I.E. more cars for the same depreciation of capital, rent, HR payroll etc. This is just bullshit. They should have said that the price is the same for all the people on the list as off Sept 1st AND to guarantee those prices, the deposits must be non-refundable. Instead they were assholes.
Yeh !! And if they wanted one step better, they could lower the price so they go bankrupt right after building the last list person's Elise :D

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
fzust said:
They should have said that the price is the same for all the people on the list as off Sept 1st AND to guarantee those prices, the deposits must be non-refundable.
Once again, the lists and the deposits are at/with the DEALERS, not with Lotus or LCU.

LCU's official position was that dealers should not take deposits or have lists. Lotus makes cars that they sell to LCU, that in turn sells them to dealers , that in turn sells them to us.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
How many of us are not in a position to support a company that has actually brought our personal dream car to us, and when they brought it they had the GREAT idea to ask for a DOT exemption so that we could actually have the car the way that we really wanted it. This company ran the gauntlet of the US EPA and DOT. I have imported cars personally and know what a hassle and how expensive that can be. It even ended up having a better engine than the car that I had lusted after for so long..
Once the next USA version with DOT bumpers, bigger engine, 300lbs more weight, etc. is announced we will ALL be very happy we paid the price and got the trick original Elise....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts