The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its always a lot of people (owners included) that say its just a car blah blah blah. Well this actually happened about a couple months ago. I was in Daytona and stopped at this place. I parked up front by the door. Coincidently, another lotus (looked orange like mine but i think it was really yellow) came to the same place. The owner parked the car in the back. A girl who I was with ran into someone she knew there. He was in the military and on leave or something. Anyway, he started telling her how he pissed on this lotus that was out back. He even tried to get her to go out and see. She declined. This wasnt in a bad area either, it was in the heart of Daytona on a nice strip.... just something for everyone to think about when vacating your car.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sounds like it was really yellow-poke-

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yes, it happens...sometimes people have lapses of judgment.

One night after extensive partying when 20 years old (30 years ago), I whipped out my willy (somewhere in the L.A. Convention Center parking lot) and pissed all over the grill of a Rolls Royce that had just parked. :crazyeyes

Despite being a car guy at that time and having been raised to be respectful of others and their property, I had just exercised very poor judgement and deserved to have my ass kicked by the RR owner for it (but luckily didn't 'cause he wasn't around). :wallbang:

Good thing is that piss washes off, does not damage anything other than a car owner's pride, and very likely the only one that would even know is the pisser (unless he is dumb enough to publicly brag about it).

If that happened to my car now, I'd restrain the culprit (if possible) and piss on him as an equalizer. :D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Washington men beaten with golf club after urinating on car
by The Associated Press
Saturday May 09, 2009, 8:24 AM

Police said two Washington men suffered injuries after they were beaten after urinating on what they thought was an unoccupied vehicle on Friday in Pullman.

Police said the owner got out of the car and assaulted the two men with a golf club. One of the men suffered a possible arm fracture and was transported to Pullman Regional Hospital.

Police Sergeant Dan Dornes said urinating in public is a crime, but the two men will probably not be cited in this case. Police were trying to locate the owner of the car.

Washington men beaten with golf club after urinating on car - OregonLive.com

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
One good reason to always try to park your car out front, and highly visible!

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,116 Posts
If you feel inclined to hit someone, do so with your fist because the foot or any other object in hand is considered a deadly weapon in most states. Punch them in the fleshy parts to avoid prosecution. (not the face, it will hurt you as well btw)

Legally, an assault constitutes either verbal harassment where the person feels their life is in danger or the more obvious physical component.
Retaliation feels great ephemerally, but the repercussions can be very steep if you cannot afford a competent lawyer.

Assaulting a drunk guy isn't very satisfying anyway, especially if you're sober.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Exactly, always park out front. No one will pull their d*ck out in front everyone. Well, unless they are in adult business. LOL. I never understood this whole "park out back" BS. You're just asking for it. Might as well park in a dark alley while you're at it

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Growing up in Europe with a huge respect for cool cars, it still amazes me what scumbags some Americans are. We live in one of the largest democracys in the world, are mostly free to do anything, can make our own lives, and yet this is how we behave. What is really unbelievable is that the kind of guy who would do this would actually have a girl friend, or any friends at all!

Sadly, there is almost nothing you can do with a car vandal unless you are a mobster. Your best bet is to catch them on video, be sure to post it to You Tube, preferably with their name, and show it to the Police. Here in Alexandria, if a citizen sees a misdemeanor (peeing in public, on a car could fall into this) the Police won't do anything! Misdemeanors here are only prosecutable if the officer witnesses the act.

So, the safest thing is public embarrasement... make the guy (or girl) feel like an idiot. Even better, but risky, goad them into attacking you. Once they land even one punch, you've got them for battery, and vandalism, and would probably be justified in restraining them till the Police arrive.

I can't understand why people have no respect for cool cars. I guess it really does have alot to do with upbringing...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sadly, there is almost nothing you can do with a car vandal unless you are a mobster. Your best bet is to catch them on video, be sure to post it to You Tube, preferably with their name, and show it to the Police. Here in Alexandria, if a citizen sees a misdemeanor (peeing in public, on a car could fall into this) the Police won't do anything! Misdemeanors here are only prosecutable if the officer witnesses the act.
You don't have to be a mobster to use a breaker bar. When I lived in New York I kept it on the passenger side floor.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I swear to god this is the only downside to the elise. I HATE leaving it anywhere unattended because of this kind of stuff.

LEAVE MY FRICKING CAR ALONE BUDDY!

Again I submit the need for a cloaking device that turns a lotus into a 1981 chevy chevette with visible patches of primer and bondo whilst parked.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I swear to god this is the only downside to the elise. I HATE leaving it anywhere unattended because of this kind of stuff.

LEAVE MY FRICKING CAR ALONE BUDDY!

Again I submit the need for a cloaking device that turns a lotus into a 1981 chevy chevette with visible patches of primer and bondo whilst parked.
Medium or dark gray car cover does the trick nicely, most people won't give it a thought while walking past it if you make sure it covers the wheels as well.
Out of sight out of mind. I roll mine up tightly front to back and it fits nicely in the boot...

It would be funny to paint the outside of a car cover to look like a beat up Ford Pinto or Chevy Vega!

·
Registered
419 Posts
yes I really need to get a cover. My office just moved locations. Much nicer digs but the parking is much worse. I went from very secured underground parking to on the street, in the (semi) hood, open lot.

I am fearing I cannot drive it to work anymore. :(:(:(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Although, I've been afraid to use the bumper bully myself because people might think it's an open invitation to bump me without consequence. I'd hang them on the doors if I parked in a public lot though.
Put some push pins on it... Hhehe!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.