The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my daughter's softball game tonight (they won thanks to my daughter batting in the winning run :up:) I was driving home when I came upon a group of "peace rotfl officers" who had set up a sobriety checkpoint. I was the only car on the road in either direction.

There was a sign on the right shoulder announcing the checkpoint and about 30 feet ahead, placed on the double yellow lines, was a large STOP sign with "Police Sobriety Checkpoint" printed under it. Off to the left side of the road were about 12 uniformed cops standing in a semi-huddle, all wearing reflective vests, guns and badges.

I pulled up to the stop sign and what do you think I did? ...wait for it... ... wait... ...I ...stopped.

6'4" 250 lbs. cop turns, looks at me, leaves the crowd of cops and while walking toward my car wrinkles her brow behind her mirrored sunglasses. She then says in a harsh annoyed tone, "Can we help you with something?"

:huh: Somewhat confused, I put my arm out the window and just pointed at the STOP sign at their sobriety checkpoint.

Sounding even more annoyed at this point, she huffs and says, "Just go on. You're holding up traffic. Huff. Huff. Mumble. Mumble." :confused: I was still the only car on the road. :confused: About 1/2 second later, while I'm putting my car in gear, she yells, "GO!"

Now :mad: is running through my mind as this "peace officer" is copping attitude* with me for stopping at a sobriety checkpoint. :wallbang:

*#&$^@# If I had just #*&@# driven through, I would have been hauled off for blasting through the &#@*[email protected]# checkpoint or at least $^#@* ticketed for running the @#$!*# STOP sign Roscoe P. &#$^[email protected] Coltrane had set up in the middle of the &$#@ street. If I stop at the $&#*@ checkpoint I get sh*t from a #*&@ cop for it. :wallbang::wallbang:

:mad: &#$* #*^[email protected]# :mad: stupid #*&@# :mad: #&^%@$ cop.

Maybe their sobriety checkpoint really should have been for them. Dumb *&#*^@ stupid &^[email protected] drunk @#^* cop.

*I believe I now know where the phrase "copping attitude" originated...

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
After my daughter's softball game tonight (they won thanks to my daughter batting in the winning run :up:) I was driving home when I came upon a group of "peace rotfl officers" who had set up a sobriety checkpoint. I was the only car on the road in either direction.

There was a sign on the right shoulder announcing the checkpoint and about 30 feet ahead, placed on the double yellow lines, was a large STOP sign with "Police Sobriety Checkpoint" printed under it. Off to the left side of the road were about 12 uniformed cops standing in a semi-huddle, all wearing reflective vests, guns and badges.

I pulled up to the stop sign and what do you think I did? ...wait for it... ... wait... ...I ...stopped.

6'4" 250 lbs. cop turns, looks at me, leaves the crowd of cops and while walking toward my car wrinkles her brow behind her mirrored sunglasses. She then says in a harsh annoyed tone, "Can we help you with something?"

:huh: Somewhat confused, I put my arm out the window and just pointed at the STOP sign at their sobriety checkpoint.

Sounding even more annoyed at this point, she huffs and says, "Just go on. You're holding up traffic. Huff. Huff. Mumble. Mumble." :confused: I was still the only car on the road. :confused: About 1/2 second later, while I'm putting my car in gear, she yells, "GO!"

Now :mad: is running through my mind as this "peace officer" is copping attitude* with me for stopping at a sobriety checkpoint. :wallbang:

*#&$^@# If I had just #*&@# driven through, I would have been hauled off for blasting through the &#@*[email protected]# checkpoint or at least $^#@* ticketed for running the @#$!*# STOP sign Roscoe P. &#$^[email protected] Coltrane had set up in the middle of the &$#@ street. If I stop at the $&#*@ checkpoint I get sh*t from a #*&@ cop for it. :wallbang::wallbang:

Maybe their sobriety checkpoint really should have been for them. Dumb *&#*^@ stupid &^[email protected] drunk @#^* cop.

That"s what you get for ripping on me for the belt buckle. JK. All jokes aside, it was probably her time of the month.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey, thats just plain nasty but don't worry about it, somtimes you just can't win with haters on the roads like that. rest assured these people will never have the joy of driving a lotus & they know it.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
On these DUI checkpoints, the popo don't seem to want to check my breath, are more interested in what's in the engine bay when they pop the hood :(

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Did you get her badge number? I'd report this one, as it could seriously make a driver question what to do the next time you come across one of these checkpoints. Not to mention the attitude in front of Roadkid. BTW, :clap: to her for driving in the winning run!!!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts

hmmmmm......
too bad you couldnt summon some of this hostility and anger towards that guy in the ferrari who flipped your little girl off on 2 seperate occasions...
that was you, right? im not getting you mixed up with someone else?

most beat cops are generally of rather average intelligence AT BEST and then theyre given guns.
what do you expect?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
These "checkpoints" were found unconstitutional in Minnesota. :up:

What's next? They going to search your house just to see if anything is going down? :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hahahaha, "You're holding up traffic." That's hysterical.

My local law enforcement actually publishes in the newspaper when and where they will have a checkpoint. Yes, truly genius of them. Last party I attended, everyone knew alternate routes to take on departure.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just be glad that they weren't putting you through the ringer. The "Standardized Field Side Sobriety Tests) are so rigged that most sober people won't pass them.

In fact, I would guess that 90% of sober people will fail them on the first try. I've given them to dozens of sober people and I've yet to have someone pass.

My point is that she could have put you through the ringer and then arrested you, with only the Intox at the station to prove your innocence.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I got stopped stone sober (one beer) and had to stand on one foot for 30 seconds to prove my sobriety. That was nearly impossible! And some joker moved my car off the road while I was doing it instead of letting me drive it to the lot. grrrr

·
Registered
552 Posts
What's next? They going to search your house just to see if anything is going down? :wallbang:
You referring to the recent incident in Lakeville? To those unaware, the local police saw an open garage door, then proceeded to enter the house, and wake the resident by banging their flashlights on his bedroom wall. They then informed him his garage door was open. Very helpful. :rolleyes:

Part of this must be due to the recent incident in Burnsville, referenced in this article:

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_9641991

The garage door was left open at my house a few weeks ago, and they rang the doorbell at 2am to let me know about it. I had mixed feelings about that at the time, but I guess I should be grateful they stayed outside the house. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I got stopped stone sober (one beer) and had to stand on one foot for 30 seconds to prove my sobriety. That was nearly impossible! And some joker moved my car off the road while I was doing it instead of letting me drive it to the lot. grrrr
You need to get a Wii Fit and work on some of those workouts, they help! :cool:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
You referring to the recent incident in Lakeville? To those unaware, the local police saw an open garage door, then proceeded to enter the house, and wake the resident by banging their flashlights on his bedroom wall. They then informed him his garage door was open. Very helpful. :rolleyes:

Part of this must be due to the recent incident in Burnsville, referenced in this article:

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_9641991

The garage door was left open at my house a few weeks ago, and they rang the doorbell at 2am to let me know about it. I had mixed feelings about that at the time, but I guess I should be grateful they stayed outside the house. :rolleyes:
if the cops can walk right in, so could a guy with a ski mask on. depending on other factors, i would be glad it was just the cops walking in.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
if the cops can walk right in, so could a guy with a ski mask on. depending on other factors, i would be glad it was just the cops walking in.
Still doesn't give the cop the right to walk in and scare the bajesus out of someone. He should have rang the door bell or called.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts