The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, flame on. I am tearing up my Yokohama Advans using them on the street. Now they are FANTASTIC on the track, but just too pricey to burn up on the highway. I need some input on street tires. Just something for putting on highway miles, BUT they should be sufficient to handle the twisties. I do love taking her through the twisties. I am currently running Yoko 255/45R17 90W LTS ADVAN AO48 rears and Yoko 195/50R16 84W LTS ADVAN AO48 fronts. Tese are on LSS wheels. Any input?

·
Registered
480 Posts
^

I don't see a size for the front tire with the Nitto's. Even if they did, at that point I would suggest the Toyo R888's.

For the street, I run 195/50/16-225/45/17 Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS. I don't need the "S" on this tire, but the DW isn't available in the front tire size. Good tire overall, though I don't think they are the best tire for spirited mountain runs/twisties. I have used them near their limit, but when compared to the R888's which I use for the track, there's no comparison, not even close. It's just a really good dry/wet street tire.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Try star specs perhaps? You can get the OEM rear size, but you'll need to go 205/50 in the front. NT-01's don't come in our sizes.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Also check and see if the new General GMAX ASD-03 's are available in appropriate sizes. I have them on another vehicle and am EXTREMELY impressed.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
my top three picks are -

Dunlop Star Specs
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Hankook Ventus RS-3

All of those are great street tires and all are used with great results by rabid autocross fanatics.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
R888's = best tire I've ever used
NT01's = great tire but limited sizes
RE11's = good tire and very streetable

Just don't buy the RE760. Most worthless tire on the planet.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Yoko AD08 in 205-45/235-40

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you want a reasonable tire that will last the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. They handle well and wear like iron.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts